Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I haven't been here since PD7 came out. I see at least one familiar face.
I have a Lacie external HD that I bought about 3 years ago (160 GB). It has become my primary drive when it comes to images, music and video. I store everything there, it works like a charm when accesing files from PD. I should add that I don't work for Lacie or Pd for that matter, lol, and that this is not a commercial. I believe Lacie is an european company.
Thank you for your advice. I believe no software is perfect, and there are are many ways around to make them run better.
1.Very simple to split/delete (cut out) parts of the video you don't want no matter where they are in your original video.
2. Burn to DVD is another simple function with this software.
3.Now, I've never used a trial version of the software, I asume it has limitations being a trial.[list]
I imagine you can do it during capture from your camera or VCR (rewind during play/slow motion). Then you can control the speed with PD.
Follow the link to an older post where the solution to that problem was discussed.
I hope I can post the link correctly.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1368.page
I have PD version 6 and you can copy back to DV sometimes called Mini DV, PD6 can also copy to HDV but, not to VHS.
It seems to me that it should copy to VHS since it can capture from a VCR.
Maybe sombody has done it before.
That can be really useful! Thanks a lot Dafydd and also the person who asked the question.
Sorry nobody replied to your post MeMyself&,
I know what you are trying to do, but. I don't think I can advise you any better than what you already tried.
I know that PD6 can import VOB files (QT) with audio and video, but you are using PD5.
In this cases a DVD ripper is a best solution, just like a music cd ripper, there are quite a few free downloads out there. I use AoA(do a google serch)
Last trick without any other step, try more than one time, sometimes it works.
I agree with Barry, we would love PD to do it all. In time, you realize that some of the tricks you are looking for have to come from other softwares to complete the task. Sometimes is frustrating to have to switch between programs. I use Windows Movie Maker a lot for video, Audacity(free) for getting music and sounds ready to bring into PD, some times I produce a file in PD and create and burn it with InterVideoWinDVD (ulead). But, I still use PD as my main editor.
Same to you and your sheila mate,
And lets put tha PD6 to a good use and bring us video of the barbi.
I would love to see PD supporting animated GIF images. I don't think it would take much to make it available since simpler programs like Windows Movie Maker can do it.
Los mejores deseos para todos en esta navidad. Que el año nuevo les traiga éxitos, salud y prosperidad.
Cordialmente,
Armano
Excellent, very profesionally done.
I thought she was going to jump on the lake at the end.
I never had a problem importing mpeg4 or QT into PD5 or PD6, like Robert points out, maybe the files are not in the hard drive yet(althought, if she is conterting them to wmv they should be in the hard drive). Try coneccting the camera to your computer and "capture" the video with PD.
No, there's not a problem. Animated GIF are not supported in any version of PD. I found that out after many tries (you can always read the help menu).
What I do know is to bring my gif's to Windows Movie Maker (PC), produce a wmv file there and then import it to PD.
Then gif works. I guess thats another one on the wish list for future versions of PD.
Hi,
When I used PD5, I had ZoneAlarm antivirus and never had any conflicts. I use now a proxy(anonimyzer) that ZoneAlarm markets and, my PD6 cannot produce to YouTube. I wonder if that has something to do with it.
Thanks for the info.
I don't know what version of PD you are using. If it is PD6, the solution is easy. When you go to "Create Disc", go to the bottom of the screen and you will see the configuration/preferences tab(it looks like a wrench). Once there you can set for how long you want that menu preview to run, or uncheck the autoplay option.
I'd try to use System Restore, and, go back to a date when you remember PD5 was running ok.
Hi mate!,
If I understand correctly that effect you see on the still pictures, it's because of the high resolution of your images (higher megapixels will cause that effect). Power Director comes with an extra program called PhotoNow!, which will help you resize your pics. I've found that the limit on resolution size to avoid that effect is 960 W - 720 H. Play with the different sizes. Remember we are talking resizing pics, not cropping.
By the way, PhotoNow is launched withing PD when you click on a picture in "timeline", you will see a "edit image" (or picture, can't remember) right above the timeline.
Good luck mate!
Go to: