Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Solution for bugs...TRY THIS
val [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2008 20:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey. I notice I'm not th only one with problems. Try this, it works for me every time....

1) Load Powerdirector
2) hit ctrl-alt-del
3) click on TASK MANAGER
4) click on the PROCESSES tab
5) locate PDR.EXE and RIGHT-CLICK it
6) set priority--->ABOVE NORMAL
7) you may close the task manager window now by clicking the X in the upper right corner

This hasn't failed me yet! I used to close all my applications and let the computer encode a video overnight for 14 hours and find that sometimes the produced AVI would be scrapped....until I tried this fix. I actually now use it when burning DVD's and such since I would sometimes get coasters (bad CD/DVD burns). I only signed-up to this forum to help spread the word. The rest is up to you guys. Please try it and POST YOUR RESULTS!! Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2008 20:48

armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your advice. I believe no software is perfect, and there are are many ways around to make them run better. No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!