Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Still Picture Quality on tv
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2007 15:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am new to all that is home move editing but am totaly hooked on it.
i am using PowerDirector 6 and am having a problem with TV quality on still pictures. I have created a simple picture presentation with a PIP on the opening frame and a naration and music overlay. My problem is that the high light areas of some of the pictures seem to strobe, although the PIP video clip is fine as are the transitions between the pictures. I created the movie in PD6 then produced a DV-AVI file that i imported to PowerProducer 3 (it came with my external DVD Drive). The movie plays fine without any problems on my laptop. Also i'm from Australia so the format is PAL.
Hope Somebody can point me in the right direction.
(Also the pictures were taken at 5 megapixels on a still camera-dont know if this is anything worth noting)
Cheers John
armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi mate!,
If I understand correctly that effect you see on the still pictures, it's because of the high resolution of your images (higher megapixels will cause that effect). Power Director comes with an extra program called PhotoNow!, which will help you resize your pics. I've found that the limit on resolution size to avoid that effect is 960 W - 720 H. Play with the different sizes. Remember we are talking resizing pics, not cropping.
By the way, PhotoNow is launched withing PD when you click on a picture in "timeline", you will see a "edit image" (or picture, can't remember) right above the timeline.
Good luck mate! No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2007 15:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Armano, will give it ago. Never thought that to high a resolution would be a problem. Just shows how new i am to all of this. Always though it would be like a digital camera shot - more pixels-better quality.
Thanks again, will let you know how i go
Cheers John
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John,

I've not come across any problem with using hi-def still images except when altering the image size in the time-line. Altering a 3:2 image to a 16:9 can be problematic as it soon gobbles up memory if you do large numbers. Creating a slideshow is my perferred method.

I've sent you a url link - take a look as there are tools you'll find useful.

I would recommend you to edit a still image - zooming in on specific area and extracting them. Just be aware of what you're outputting to and cut the image accordingly ie 4:3 or 16:9. Remember the "safe zone".

Dafydd