Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"My Videos" heading in CREATE DISC moodule
Burgin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2006 16:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I currently use Powerdirector 5, My question: In the "CREATE DISC" module the default heading says "My Videos". Is there anyway to change this default caption or preferably if it gets changed on the first page of the DVD menu it will also change on the remainder of menu pages?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I figured it out for you. It is not something you can do automatically within the program, you need to go through the backdoor .

1. On your computer, go to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus\General\text

2. Open the file in that folder (a_text.xml) with Notepad
3. Change the text between <TEXT ID="1">My Videos</TEXT>

Good luck

Dave
Burgin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 18, 2006 16:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My file directory does not have a "General" folder with "a_text.xml" file. However, it has five separate of these files under the different directories for /Party /Romance /Vacation /Sports /Family. I did edit all these "a_text.xml" files. I rebooted the computer and restarted Powerdirector. However the "My Videos" caption still appears. Thanks so very much for your help.

You know what else would be nice if it had an automatic menu page numbering Wishful thinking. I'm obviously trying to get mt DVD creation process as automated as possible
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Burgin,

Daveed has given you the correct address for PD6 : C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Menus\General\text

Ooops

Dafydd
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2007 21:22 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
The first time I tried this I just did four or five pages, Well that didn't work so I tried leaving a space between the > < like so and I did this to all 22 or so page listings. Now it seems to work just fine.
Trent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 15:18 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
When you said you "left a space," what do you mean exactly? A space between your words? Or just a space with no words? Also, after changing the text, what do you do? Do you have to save, or something else? I'm trying to change my menus from saying "My Video."

Thanks,
Trent
Trent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 15:18 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I've followed the instructions and have gotten to that point. But, I'm not sure what to do from there. Anybody know?

Thanks,
Trent