Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wishlist for PoweDirector's future versions
Kintara [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bristol, England, UK Joined: Aug 29, 2007 15:43 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi dale,
I looked at Wikipedia and it says that Closed Captions are, basically, subtitles. In the UK we use the word subtitle for any text that appears on the screen which conveys, in text, speech and or sound effects. The US and others make the distinction between what they call subtitles (speech) and closed captions (sound effects, music description, etc). That aside, I have replied to your query on Closed captions that I hope will help you import your transcripts. I have used other subtitle programs and they all seem to be unweildly and not have exactly the same format for their files.
Such is life.
Kintara Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Jeremy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2007 17:11 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to see a spotlight feature in the next version of PowerDirector. This feature would be a great add for me and I would presume many other families that use video editing for home videos. My kids are involved in a multitude of activities where I videotape them in a crowd such as football or soccer or school plays or swimming or parties or anywhere where there are a lot of people. It’s hard enough to pick them out of a crowd when you are there watching them live. It’s even harder to pick them out in a video. And years later it can be especially difficult. I'd like a feature like you see on television. It puts one specific person in a circle and dims or washes out the entire background outside the circle. I've seen it in sports, news. I even remember seeing it when something fell of the space shuttle in flight. The only thing highlighted was the object that fell off. Everything else outside that circle was dimmed or washed out but still visible.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeremy,

I think Barry pointed out your request is already feasible with PiP used as the tracker - importing a shaded png* using PiP would create the effect you're after.

It is similar to what Barry created using the standard effects.

View the video http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/31/the-wall/ the part you're interested in is just less than half way. It's Barry's video.

*png is a file extension used for images. Images in this format can have a transparent background. It is the preferred display format for files in PiP and is used in all default styles and templates.

Dafydd

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 01. 2007 06:16

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wishlist for PoweDirector's future versions

New postings - kindly adhere to the subject and NOT detract from the original poster's intentions.

I will delete (and I have) postings that go off on a tangent or seek answers/solutions in this posting which could be dealt with as a new topic.

Keep the Wishlist going with succinct input.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2007 05:16

Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Howzabout an effect that shakes the heck out of the picture or video?
It might be used for...
earthquakes
rocket launches
crashes of all types
sonic booms Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
G'Day Barry.

We have been trying for years to get rid of shaking, now you want to include it? you could try waving your camera around whilst recording.
Have a good day,

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,
my my, that's a bit harsh! I was watching Dafydd's video of the air show and wondered if, when the view is from the jet doing a vertical climb, whilst peering down to earth, might a wee bit of shake and rumble be appropriate in a similar situation.
G'day,
Barry

Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
G'day again Barry,

I know the kind of effect your trying to achieve, even the old time movies included shaking and rumbling, so it is possible, lets see if Cyberlink think so

Regards

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
JON [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2007 01:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Note to Product Team:

Add Multiple Monitor support to the next upgrade.

Currently, PD can span multiple monitors but not be stretched to take advantage of the width of more than a single monitor. This is odd behaviour in a Windows application. Why would you limit the width of an application?

All other video editing software on the planet supports multiple monitors.
All other applications on the planet support multiple monitors.

Whether this capability is essential or necessary is up to the customer. For this customer, me, this capability is essential and expected. I use multiple monitors(3) in my other video editors.
Richard1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2007 18:09 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Newbie here. Have used PD6 for a few months now. Very satisfied with its capabilities and price of it. One thing that dissapointed me tho. It doesnt seem to have capability to split channels in a stereo recording with 2 separate mics to control each channel individually. Am I right or wrong? I wish wish wish it had this!
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
I use two cameras when I make videos and cut between them (Video/PIP) during post-production.

What would be a real bonus is to have both Video and PIP screens running side by side instead of just the one clip viewer display. Maybe with a check box in the drop-down menues to enable/disable.

This would allow me to step into the exact frame to cut from PIP to Video and back.

It probably is not a big development task either, more a duplication of existing code and it would put PD ahead of its competitors in this price range.

Thanks for reading,

http://www.VideoCentricity.Net

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2007 14:59

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem
Clark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2007 15:53 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I would love to see better user control over the anti-shake (image stabilization) feature of Power Director.

I would love to be able to control what area of the video image to stabilize on, amount of rotational stabilization (independent of up-down/left right), amount of zoom in I want to use or even whether to fill in the missing edges from previous/next frames.

I don't know about others on this forum, but I would be willing to pay extra for a powerful add-in with these capabilities.

Thanks,

Clark
Jay Kay Jay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2007 01:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I recently switched from the crap software that came with my camera to Power Director 6 and was pleasantly surprised to find the subtitling room. It saves so much time, I can't believe it!

Most of my work is shot in Russia and subtitling is imperative for my English-speaking audience. But sometime the subject is in the lower part of the frame and I'd like to position the subtitles somewhere else, for example, at the top of the frame.

At present, I do this by inserting carriage returns at the end of the subtitle. Ti is effective but not very flexible. It would be ever so helpful if I could set a preference for where the subtitle should appear in the frame.

Thanks.
armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I would love to see PD supporting animated GIF images. I don't think it would take much to make it available since simpler programs like Windows Movie Maker can do it.
No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Posted by member: nicolas
Quote: Why does PowerDirector doesn’t add a “Make ISO file” option on the “Create Disk” module???

PowerDirector only have 2 options: 1) Burn disk and 2) Create DVD Folder.

If you want to add extra folders to your DVD production like original photos or videos, the only way is to “create a dvd folder” and use another program to burn the DVD in a complicate form.

Is easiest if PowerDirector have a 3rd option to create the DVD ISO file and the use a conventional ISO software o add the folders like other many DVD authoring programs have.

Thank´s

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2008 10:43

[Post New]
Quote: I found PD6 does not import Real Media (RM) & DIVx files. PD6 should be able to import all types of media files directly and when the movie is finished we can save in any format we desire.

Input (import) File Formats is supported for DivX. See Cyberlink PowerDirector Supported Formats and Media webpage:
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/products/powerdirector/6/supported_formats.jsp