Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Animated Gifs and Powerdirector
Justin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2007 18:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've only been recently using Powerdirector and am very satisfied since I make movies often. But the problem is, when I drag animated gif images into the timeline, I don't see it animated, I only see the still image. Is this just not possible to do in Powerdirector or is there a problem?
armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
No, there's not a problem. Animated GIF are not supported in any version of PD. I found that out after many tries (you can always read the help menu).
What I do know is to bring my gif's to Windows Movie Maker (PC), produce a wmv file there and then import it to PD.
Then gif works. I guess thats another one on the wish list for future versions of PD.
No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!
Justin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2007 18:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah I was going to do that but I figured I was just making it a lot harder on myself. Hoping for an easier solution. They should really impliment that in the next version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2007 19:24

Cookie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 24, 2011 19:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you both for that conversation!!! Omg, I thought four months of me creating animations from my dads 80th birthday party were down the drain! Ive created a 45 minute bday movie and 'majority' of it are with gif pics, ive created diff/various animations for. U guys dont know the true relief your words just gave me.. "The SUN has came out and the dark grey clouds are lifting, whewwww! I Thank you So much again & I'm sure my Family does too.... They've been waiting "months" to see this movie! TY, TY, TY.. hugsssssssss~ **CyberLink PowerDirector ROCKS** : )
Cookie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 24, 2011 19:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I know your post is years old... I still hope my good wishes & joy finds you