Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi mate!,
If I understand correctly that effect you see on the still pictures, it's because of the high resolution of your images (higher megapixels will cause that effect). Power Director comes with an extra program called PhotoNow!, which will help you resize your pics. I've found that the limit on resolution size to avoid that effect is 960 W - 720 H. Play with the different sizes. Remember we are talking resizing pics, not cropping.
By the way, PhotoNow is launched withing PD when you click on a picture in "timeline", you will see a "edit image" (or picture, can't remember) right above the timeline.
Good luck mate!
Hi,
I have only used PD5 and just recently upgraded to PD6, so I don't know exactly what PD4 looks like or how it works. That said, I'll try to explain what I know about your 2 questions.
1- As far as I know PD5 and PD6 don't recognize QTime files, so when you try to import the files, you don't see them in the dialog box. But, you could download a trial program that converts video files - do a serch on "video converter" at www.cnet.com.
2- If you want to "capture" video from your DV camera into PD or any other video software, you definately need to connect the camera to the computer, easiest way is with a USB cable(your dv videocamera should have come with one, check the box). If you don't have one, they are about $15 USD at any RadioSahack, Target, or any electronic retailer.
Good luck
How weird but true. I've produced about 60 videos with PD5 directly to Youtube and never had a problem. Yesterday 9-18-07 I upgraded to PD6 and surprise! I can not imput the title into the Youtube form. The space is there but the cursor would no work. I know I can produce a mpeg, save it to my hard drive and then go online and upload it to Youtube, however, why would I want to do more steps when the fucntion is available in PD?
No, I haven't contacted tech support about it hopping it may work nest time.
You're welcome, I'll say it again, go crazy with editing in PD, save your project every few seconds (althought sometimes when you go to open a saved project, you get: "file broken" can't open it) Always produce your project, at least you'll be able to retrieve it with another program from MyWorks. And then do your fancy stuff and burn.
Being so tired of spending hours and hours of trying to "create a disc" with all the "goodies" PD5 offers, I decided to stop at that. You edit a few times and when you go to create and burn your dvd, hell always breaks loose with this program. Eror, eror, eror. stop at 45%, etc.
It's a very versatile software because it lets you do just about anything when it comes to editing. But, its a piece of junk when it comes to creating menues and burning dvds.
Please, use it to create your project, PRODUCE IT, save it in a popular file format, mpeg, avi, dvix, wmv, etc. and, go somewhere else in your computer software array to make the dvd and burn it.
I don't know if you are using pd5 or pd6. In pd5, you place a color board in the time line, the tittle would be in it's own line under the colo9r board.
Oh come on!
They should extend the offer from Dec. 2006.
Jajaj, I want my PD6 for free. I keep thinking that %60 USD to upgrade is too much.
Thanks Tom,
I was hopping it would be about $30 USD. I paid about $90 USD back in December 2006 for PD5Premium, I just checked the cyberlink website and they are selling PD6 for that same pric. I think paying $60 more for the new features it's a bit too much since some of them sound useless.
Sounds interesting!
Any word on the price fro the UPGRADE from PD5 Premium?
I've done a few to post in YouTube, my titles are in Spanish thought. I love the easy way to do the produce and posting in YouTube in one shot, besides I still end aup with a file I can burn or post somewhere else.
This one I did for a blog of some fellow country men of El Salvador. The titles are in Spanish, the theme is a campaign to stop violence against women in El Salvador. I hope I can post the link right.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5pDfotZSjM
Not a bad idea.
Never seen a link to a video created with this software.
I got a few, would you like to see tem?
I'll have to learn how to post a link to YouTube.
YES
Thank you Shelley for the idea.
The only question I have is, am I supposed to "rip" the clips from th dvd to bring them into my hard drive ?
Do I need other software to do that?
Thanks again
Hi,
I did something like that a few years back. I bought a device to connect my old camera to the computer so I could transfer the video to the hard drive. Back then I paid about $150. for it, it came with Pynnacle Systems video editing software, now days is probably better and cost about $50.
It's called DAZZLE, it's just a little box, you connect yor old camera, vcr, tv, (just about anything with RCA type of plug) to the box. The box connects tu yor computer via USB, then you can use PD to capture your video.
Here is the link to DAZZLE so you can read for yourself and see if it would help you. Click

Posting amended by Moderator (display of link changed) 20070129
It seems like she bought the software online, got the email with the link to download it and, the link doesn't work.
She has to contact the vendor.
haha, same here!
Is it possible to import templates from other programs? I have InterVideo WinDVD and Studio9. PD5 should have more choices of templates, the thing is, cyberlink wants you to buy their "packages"
With PD5 premiun I have no problems capturing video from my dv camera or my vcr. But, what if I want to use scenes from my collection of dvds to create and mix with my own footage? I have tried, and was able to import a clip from a home dvd movie, now, I want to extract clipe from my comercial dvds, Is it possible?
Thanks a lot Dafydd, your explanation was right on, by the way I'm using PD5 Premium, I just bought it 2 days ago. I know I have a lot to explore.
Good day
I tried to configure my sound settings during capture of my video clips so that no sound wpuld be present. With all the settings on mute, i still ended up with sound. I don't want the sound because I want to add background music only.
Any help will be great!
Go to: