Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Someone like me" created using PD6 - go see the super music video.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Here is a sample of what can be achieved using PowerDirector 6.

"Someone like me" is a music video.

First displayed here: http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/72/someone-like-me/

Edited by my friend - a music producer.

If you'd like to see or learn a little more about the singer Anthony Jenson, go here :- http://www.myspace.com/jensenuk

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2007 07:38

armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent, very profesionally done.
I thought she was going to jump on the lake at the end. No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!
tatu54 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2007 09:01 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Yeah, always good to see something that was created by CyberLink's PowerDirector.

And right into the video, somewhere around 7-8-9 seconds is a transition I have been trying to figure out.

Instead of a "hard cut" from one point to the next the video "fades" from him to her. He ghosts out and while he is still on the screen, she ghosts her way in.

If you re having a hard time trying to figure out what I am saying look at the first 12 or so seconds. it starts about seven seconds in and is done before twelve seconds are through.

Can you help with that one?

And, not a "professional" by any means, but this is a very well doe video. I like it. Gonna go check out Jensen and see what else he has done.

Any chance you can introduce me to your friend? You have my e-mail, or if you deleted it, PM me and I'll resend it.

Dale

Edit; Saw some miss-spelled words...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2007 17:38

I never said I was smart, just pretty to look at...

See "Bio" for computer stats.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dale,

I think you're referring to the extended Fade transition. The default setting for transitions is 2 seconds.

Try: Place the transition and right click on it. You can then alter the length of the transition to what you want. The limitation rule for a transition is "a transition can be set to a maximum of half the length of the smallest of two video clips". You will then get the same merge effect (Fade) you've seen in the music video.

Dafydd