Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video capture
dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2007 18:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all, I'm new here and all the best for the Newyear by the way. I've been digitising some VCR tapes lately by feeding the analogue signal into my Sony camcorder which converts the signal to digital and then sends it to my PC where I do a screen capture. The rub is I have to use Windows Movie Maker to do the screen capture as I can't find a setting in PowerDirector 5 to do the capturing. My PowerDirector 5 works fine for capturing directly from the camcorder but not via the camcorder as in my VCR conversion setup (I get a fault message about no tape in the camcorder or the tape is writeprotected). I did ask Customer Support if there was a solution to this but, sadly, they were totally clueless and kept insisting my VCR tapes are faulty! Does anyone have a way to use PowerDirector 5 for capturing this way please as it would be good to use the one program for all my video requirements. I'm finding PowerDirector 5 an excellent editor by the way.
Cheers
Dave of NZ
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Just use Windows Movie Maker.
I know, you think PD should "see" everything, and one software should be enough.
Eventually you will have audio editors, photo editors, file converters, etc.
Video editing is a symphony of multi-tasking, er, is that too dramatic?
Anyway, just use WMM for capture and go on to bigger issues, for they shall certainly come up! Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2007 18:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for that Barry and it's what I basically suspected. I must say this forum is like a breath of fresh air after my "interesting" experience with Customer Support.
armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with Barry, we would love PD to do it all. In time, you realize that some of the tricks you are looking for have to come from other softwares to complete the task. Sometimes is frustrating to have to switch between programs. I use Windows Movie Maker a lot for video, Audacity(free) for getting music and sounds ready to bring into PD, some times I produce a file in PD and create and burn it with InterVideoWinDVD (ulead). But, I still use PD as my main editor.
No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!