Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wishlist for PoweDirector's future versions
Sanjit Keskar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2007 02:50 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I am a huge fan of PD and would love to see it go from strength to strength.Users are requested to post what features they feel would make PD better and more competitive.

1. Multimovie Spoort
2. Multivts (video title sets) support
3. Ability to display a still image for chapters instead of the motion preview or nothing at all except text approach
4. Ability to preview chapter motion thumbnails of ONES CHOICE. That is 10 or 12 seconds of any part of the chapter chosen by the user
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Also,
Photos used in production should be marked with a check
Ability to resize pip frame
I think #4 on your list is already there, create chapter mark, then choose video or picture, I'll look at that later.
Trade in some so-so effects for lightning and fire!

All things considered though, it's a hell of a good program. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Sanjit Keskar [Avatar]
[Post New]
MP3 audio files must show in waveform for editing purpose - now only wav files show their wave form for editing
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Okay guys. Here are some more:

1) Transitions should be customizable that is if we have barn door opening horizontally we should have the option make it open vertically.

2) We should have multiple video overlays atleast 6, over and above PIP.

3) One more audio track would be excellent.

4) We should have 2 windows juxtaposed displaying effect of an effect.Suppose we apply "Antishake effect" then we should see Effect "Before anti shake" & "After antishake" in real time. It should also give the option of applying degree of any effect (say 1 to 10; 1 being the least and 10 being the highest) mentioned as in the example above.

5) PD6 is demanding on system resources. Should be addressed. Cyberlink helpline suggests that we shutoff all application including antispyware etc.,which is not a practical way of dealing with the problem.

6) PD6 should load faster

7) Audio rubber banding line is hardly visible if the waveform is thick. Double clicking should open a "Rubber band" line just above the wave form so that it is easier to pick and pull the line as desired.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Sep 04. 2007 09:00

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

steve [Avatar]
Newbie Location: uk Joined: Jul 13, 2007 07:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Also as I have posted previously, an adjustable fade in and out on the PIP Designer which was lost in the PD6.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2007 11:18

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent - keep them flowing... more suggestions. I will make every single suggestion known to CyberLink.

Steve, is this what you're looking for - see attached image?

Dafydd
 Filename
screencap087-cut.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Fade in/out
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2007 16:37

BradyB
Senior Member Location: Springfield, Illinois USA Joined: Feb 24, 2007 07:38 Messages: 153 Offline
[Post New]
Here is another item to add to the wish list: Support for AVCHD files.

Thanks
Sanjit Keskar [Avatar]
[Post New]
If multimovie and multvts is intrduced the need for simulation testing of buttons and links will be seriously needed. And choices as to behvaiour must be available - such as what action should be performed after the end of amovie or chapter
Sanjit Keskar [Avatar]
[Post New]
A marker to set the exact beginning of a PIP or subtitle would be welcome. That is i should type in 00:16:23:15 in order to set the beginning of aPIP or substitle accurately

Color boards should be linked to a colour palette from where we can choose the exact RGB tint/shade that we want to use
steve [Avatar]
Newbie Location: uk Joined: Jul 13, 2007 07:49 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
The link to my request for change is-

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1574.page

You did reply to me then TY.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 05. 2007 08:58

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Steve...

Kintara [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bristol, England, UK Joined: Aug 29, 2007 15:43 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
As pedro suggests, how about reverseing video and audio?

His link is
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1781.page

Kintara 8 Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
iwannajag [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 18, 2007 08:22 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
How about that a look a the windows vista disc menu creators. It looks a lot more intuitive and flexible.
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
I found PD6 does not import Real Media (RM) & DIVx files. PD6 should be able to import all types of media files directly and when the movie is finished we can save in any format we desire.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 07. 2007 22:55

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

Kintara [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bristol, England, UK Joined: Aug 29, 2007 15:43 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
These are all great ideas.
Another one that I would like to see is to have a wider range of effects in the magic options for still pictures. How about a rotate left / right to complement the pan and zooms?

Kintara 8 Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
babindia
[Post New]
Lets see what transitions can do for us

Presently PD6 allows us to just change the duration How about allowing us to customize the effect itself.For example . Let us take a transition "Airplane"
Why an airplane, why not a car or a hydrofoil.Again in transition "Colour star"
Why default colour of the star. Why not multiple stars and multiple edges.why not rotate the star while in transition.

The flexibility if introduced will open great effects, each customizable by the
user !

The same goes for effects too !. I found effects department needs a thorough overhaul. The competition softwares have mind blowing effects all customizable

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 08. 2007 05:30

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

babindia
[Post New]
Now the titles
The entry and exit variations are limited and so are the effects. Will love to have 3 D effects in titles ! PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Replace PhotoNow with a program that has some use, it is rediculous that we have to use an external photo editing program to enhance images.
PhotoNow is as much use as an ashtray on a motor bike, come on Cyberlink, take a look at Paint.net if you want some ideas as to what should be included in a free photo editor. Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
tatu54 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2007 09:01 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
As I just ran into a problem yesterday, I think this will be a good add to the "Wishlist."

How about adding a "Closed Captioning" feature to PD.

Or make the "Subtitles" more user friendly in that you can copy and paste the text you want to use.

Right now, I have found no way to use this feature. I have about thirteen minutes of text I have to put into a video. That will take a lot longer than I have with my typing skills.

I use Paint Shop Pro X as my image editor. Look at what they offer in the way editing images. This is a reasonably cheap program (as compared to PhotoShop) that offeres everything that PS has to offer. Check out Corel.com for this program.

Editing images should be easy to do with PD but it, to me, is not.

Dale I never said I was smart, just pretty to look at...

See "Bio" for computer stats.
Kintara [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi dale,
I looked at Wikipedia and it says that Closed Captions are, basically, subtitles. In the UK we use the word subtitle for any text that appears on the screen which conveys, in text, speech and or sound effects. The US and others make the distinction between what they call subtitles (speech) and closed captions (sound effects, music description, etc). That aside, I have replied to your query on Closed captions that I hope will help you import your transcripts. I have used other subtitle programs and they all seem to be unweildly and not have exactly the same format for their files.
Such is life.
Kintara Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.