Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Jonathan -
Try holding down the Alt or Ctrl key while you use the scoll wheel. Works for me laughing
Cheers - Tony
I really don't have any idea what might be the problem.

Could you try 2 things? 1. Use the sample clip "Kite Surfing.wmv" and produce it to AVC H.264 MP4 1920x1080/30p (16Mbps)... do you get this (below)? or not?

The second thing to try is switch your default app for mp4 to Windows Media Player. Does that offer a thumbnail image?
Cheers - Tony
Hi again -
Please accept my apology for the out-of-date advice about VLC Player. Earlier versions could not display a thumbnail, but the recent ones do.
As it happens, a friend of mine just left after an editing session. When I switched the default app to VLC Player, the videos produced in PDR16 displayed with a thumbnail... along with other .MP4 videos. In the attached screenshot, the videos produced in PDR16 are outlined.
I've just now produced a file, using the same profile suggested in your SVRT screenshot... yes - a thumbnail. Yes - properties shown in Windows Explorer. You'll see that in the second screenshot.
Have you tried producing again? There may be some flaw in that particular produced file.
Cheers - Tony
Hi PDTosh -

The thumbnail isn't displaying in Windows because VLC Player is set as the default for that file type... that's why it's displaying with the VLC icon. As far as I know, VLC Player cannot display thumbnails in Windows.

If you changed your default player to (say) Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic, you'd have thumbnails.
Not sure where the properties went. What format and profile did you use in the Produce module?

Cheers - Tony
Hi PDuser97031B -

To remove the motion track:

1. Select the video clip

2. Tools > Motion Tracker

3. Right click on motion track > Remove

If you've applied a spotlight effect and you want to edit/tweak it:

1. Select the video clip in the timeline

2. Click on Keyframe button

3. Expand the timeline (and gasp at the number of keyframes)

4. Edit each Effect > Spotlight keyframe from start to finish (probably position)

Cheers - Tony
Glad that helped, Nick!
The method I described above is more visual than accurate. A more accurate way to set the zoom keyframes is to change the numbers for width & height in PiP Designer (at the appropriate keyframe points).

Because your image isn't 16:9, the ratios are different... but as long as you maintain the aspect ratio all will be well. Again, you need to consider what profile will be used for rendering/producing.

As you can see, for a 16:9 image height & width ratios are the same. Also, the ratios for 1920x1080 (though accurate) cannot be implemented in PiP Designer which maxes out at 6.000.

Cheers - Tony
Quote OP have you tried producing .mov files in 1080P?

Hi BrewCityRider -
Last time I could produce any .MOV file in PDR was PDR14.

LeonBirder -
What camera is it you're using to record those .MOV files?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Nick -
It's hard to know exaclty what you're trying to do. Do you mean to increase the preview zoom so you're seeing the image at full size/resolution? or do you mean you want to zoom (as in, motion) the 19000x10000px image to a particular segment.

If you mean the first one, I don't think that can be done. What PDR has done is jammed your high res image into a 1920x1080 screen preview. It doesn't work like PhotoShop.

With your image in the timeline, if you enable a 10x10 grid, one of those little rectangles is pretty close to 1920x1080. Four of those little rectangles is pretty close to 3840x2160.

If you mean the second one - zooming with motion - those grids can help too. But it depends what profile you intend to produce to. If it's 1080p, you'd zoom into ~one rectangle on the 10x10 grid (if you know what I mean). For UHD, you'd zoom into 4 rectangles on the 10x10 grid. If it's 4K - 4096x2304, it's a little bit more that 4 rectangles. There are more accurate ways to do it - just trying to establish your purpose.

These little videos started with a 19000x10000px image and zoomed to 1920x1080 - 3840x2160 - 4096x2304 (reflecting the production profile chosen) but they might be totally irrelevant if that's not what you're trying to do. embarassed

Cheers - Tony
I was interested in Robert's (The Shadowman) article in the Newbie Room section of PDNews Issue 7, particularly the comparison test between PDR13 & 16 shadow file & video production time.

Using the same types of clips in the test - 3840x2160 25fps 60Mbps from Sony RX10Mkiii - with a timeline duration of ~10 minutes, I ran the test on PDR13, 14, 15, & 16.

Here's the timeline:

For the Shadow Files test, PDR16 preferences were set to 720x480 (same as the other versions). For the Production times test, SVRT was applied in each case.

The table below shows the times at which the shadow file for each of the 8 clips finished being generated, and the time taken to render the final video.

Speed has been improving over those versions, with the most marked difference being the introduction of PDR15.

Cheers - Tony
Hi aminkorea -
You don't really need to do anything. It's a Magic Style template, so all you need to do is to select the photos & videos you want to use.

Once they're selected in the timeline, go to Magic Style (click on the magic wand icon at the left end of the tools bar above the timeline) > Select "Gallery", then Apply.

If the Gallery template isn't there, you can download it from the exact page you linked. ""laughing""

Cheers - Tony
Hi trog -

Another commonly used method - similar to Steve's colour board idea - is to insert the video in Track 1 & Track 2. Resize, reposition & blur the video in Track 1. They do that in news reports very often.

Screenshot of timeline attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Dacia -

That's happened to me previously too, after I installed a beta patch. I found that after I'd closed then re-opened the project (as Carl suggested) the glitch had gone.

Cheers - Tony
Hi ArchedEdge -

Quote: just seems to have snuck in, in the middle of a clip!

I hate to break it to you, but it looks to me like you put it there laughing

When you're doing that kind of editing where they a lots of cutaways to other clips, it's easy enough to leave a small gap. The way to overcome that is to expand your timeline so you can see them! In your case there's one between 00:00:17:18 & 00:00:17:25 & another between 00:00:20:25 & 00:00:20:29... not counting the blanks spot at the end from 00:00:38:09 to 00:00:40:21

When I split & removed the second black spot from your produced file, that girl's cartwheel ran smoothly. That's what makes me think you must have split the clip & inadvertently left a 4 frame space.

Here's a reproduced version of Hurley House minus the black bits.

Can't see where those repeats are...

Cheers - Tony
Hi Larry -

Yes - that's it! That color match effect interferes with the transitions big time (agreed, in combination with titles). Replicated here.

The audio is fine where it is.

You'll need to:

1. Remove the titles

2. Produce to your preferred format/profile

3. Insert the produced file to replace Track 1

4. Re-insert the titles

5. Produce to the same format/profile used before.

I'd say you've discovered a glitch in the system, but that's a workaround.

Cheers - Tony
Here's the produced version of the timeline in the screenshot.

There's something else at play, I think, causing your issue.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Larry -

I can't replicate the issue here, based on what you've shown. I even used the same "Radar" title template.

Does your timeline look roughly like the screenshot attached? In Preview & produced file, those transitions look clean, with none of the discoloration shown in your bridge/crane video.

Video clips in Track 1, title templates in Track 2, audio in Track 3?

No other effects applied?

Cheers - Tony
That's some solution you've put there, Barry!

I was just browsing the SmartSound music offerings and came across this. Scroll too the bottom. Don't worry - in the attached screenshot I didn't proceed to the checkout! EEK!

ARPRINCE - If you install PDR16 on the same PC you used before, you shouldn't need to re-install QuickTraks etc.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Troy -

Both BVR's suggestions will work if the tracker has "lost its way".

Sometimes, with Motion Tracker, all goes well & you don't need to tweak anything. If the background is more complex, the tool has more trouble.

When I made these examples, the first couple worked fine. The third one had to be tweaked by readjusting keyframes. The last one had to be almost completely done manually (although Motion Tracker put the keyframs there).

The attached screenshot shows what I mean.

Cheers - Tony
Hi VaMa -

Both versions can be installed on your PC, side-by-side, if that's what you prefer. That's what I'd do but your needs may be different.

If you decide to uninstall PDR14 before uninstalling PDR16, you don't need to worry about custom & downloaded effects because they're stored in different places & won't be lost during the uninstall process.

The only things I can think of that you may not want to trash are custom profiles. If you have none, that's irrelevant. If you do, it's a good idea to make copies of:

1. Profile.ini at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0

2. Profiles Folder at C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector14\Language\Enu

Cheers - Tony
Just a couple of thoughts...

In PhotoDirector, the background colour can be set from Light Grey to Black. CDR can be set from Light Grey to Dark Grey. Not ADR or PDR. Maybe because of PDR's more complex interface???

Someone who was clever, with a bit of time on their hands, could probably do it...

At C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector16\skin there's a zip file containing a pile of .xml & graphic files. It would be a mammoth task, but the graphics and .xml files could be edited. This one is the timeline background colour > edited.

""

Yep - I'll put that down as one of the silliest ideas I've ever had.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Barry -

Do you mean this account with 395 templates & 44 videos? It's available at this end using Mozilla Waterfox & Microsoft Edge.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: