Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Finding and adding your own music clips to a video with no sound
Chris925 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 12:59 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I am new. I just bought the Director Suite 6 yesterday and I am an old man and am terrible with computers. I have a business where I have attempted burglaries and shoplifting and have a video security system that has no sound. Sometimes I will post these crimes on my Facebook page for public awareness and as a general deterrent and the videos are always popular. I thought the viewers would enjoy the videos more with appropriate dramatic music added.

1) Where can I find dramatic audio clips?

2) How do I add them to my vidoes using Power Director 16?

Thank you for any help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2017 13:16

Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just noticed I have Audio Director in the bundle I bought but all the clips are only a few seconds long. My crime videos are anywhere from 2 minutes to 20 minutes.
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
One of the users here offered these looping sound clips to us for royalty free use.

http://soundimage.org/looping-music/ .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the Forum. Go to my website, it will save you endless time searching for music. Most are free, some a fee, many require a credit to the author/composer. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much but now I have another problem.

Powerdirector 16 keeps freezing/crashing everytime I try to add Text. And when I am succesful at adding text and audio clips - at the "Producing Stage" it freezes at 90% and never moves beyond. I have an Asus Gaming laptop so I know my computer is ample. I am starting to regret the purchase what can I do?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You should start a new topic. Don’t give up, it might be a small easy fix. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thank you very much but now I have another problem.

Powerdirector 16 keeps freezing/crashing everytime I try to add Text. And when I am succesful at adding text and audio clips - at the "Producing Stage" it freezes at 90% and never moves beyond. I have an Asus Gaming laptop so I know my computer is ample. I am starting to regret the purchase what can I do?

Hi Chris

From one ol' man to another.

Tell us what format your material is. With a clip on the timeline, highlight it and right click. Select view properties and say what it says about "video"

When you find some music, all you have to do is bring it in to PD16 and place it on the audio track below the video.

Did you know that you already have suitable music with PD16? Just above the timline, on the left, is a star with two smaller stars. Click there and select Magic Music. You will be shown a list of titles, the blue ones are free and the white you have to pay for. Drag a title from the blue list to the audio track. you can stretch them as long as you need.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]

Did you know that you already have suitable music with PD16? Just above the timline, on the left, is a star with two smaller stars. Click there and select Magic Music. You will be shown a list of titles, the blue ones are free and the white you have to pay for. Drag a title from the blue list to the audio track. you can stretch them as long as you need.

Robert
Magic Music/SmartSound has been removed and no longer included as a plug-in. However, one can go to SmartSound website and download the software and it will install in PD 15 and 16. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Robert
Magic Music/SmartSound has been removed and no longer included as a plug-in. However, one can go to SmartSound website and download the software and it will install in PD 15 and 16.

Hi Barry

Why have I got it then? I haven't installed anything special in PD16 Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
If you had it previously it’s already there. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote If you had it previously it’s already there.

Yes, had it in 13.

Sorry to Chris for duff info Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I went to the smart sound website but cannot find anything about "Magic Music" download.

And when I get to the "Producing" part - the final part in editing a video in PD16 it freezes at 90%. It's been frozen at 90% for over an hour and I bet if I leave it alone and go play 9 holes when I get back it will still be at 90%. It's not my computer because I have been attempting to edit the same video on my desktop and on my Asus gaming laptop. Both freeze at 90% at producing.

My wife laughed at me when I bought the software because she knew I wouldn't be able to figure it out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2017 13:20

The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote I went to the smart sound website but cannot find anything about "Magic Music" download.

And when I get to the "Producing" part - the final part in editing a video in PD16 it freezes at 90%. It's been frozen at 90% for over an hour and I bet if I leave it alone and go play 9 holes when I get back it will still be at 90%. It's not my computer because I have been attempting to edit the same video on my desktop and on my Asus gaming laptop. Both freeze at 90% at producing.

My wife laughed at me when I bought the software because she knew I wouldn't be able to figure it out.

Did you do as asked in post 7? Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
H264 AVC buddy - thank you

Quote Thank you very much but now I have another problem.

Hi Chris

From one ol' man to another.

Tell us what format your material is. With a clip on the timeline, highlight it and right click. Select view properties and say what it says about "video"

When you find some music, all you have to do is bring it in to PD16 and place it on the audio track below the video.

Robert
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
SmartSound/Magic Music installer

Follow the link, and instructions. This will install MM module as well as a free album. You can get more music (thousands of tracks), but unless on a sale it can be expensive. There is a reseller on EBay with great pricing though.
More free Magic Music
How to use Magic Music.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2018 23:35

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Barry - which version do I install? Smartsound or FULL Smartsound? Thanky

Quote SmartSound/Mahon Music installer

Follow the link, and instructions. This will install MM module as well as a free album. You can get more music (thousands of tracks), but unless on a sale it can be expensive. There is a reseller on EBay with great pricing though.
More free Magic Music
How to use Magic Music.
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am trying to troubleshoot while my wife laughs at me. I just tried to "Produce" a video clip that I did not change at all, and it worked - it went right through to 100%, video finishes. But whenever I try to change the video using the Timeline with Text or Music clips that I download from Directorzone Cyberlink it hangs up and freezes at 90% everytime.

Quote Thank you Barry - which version do I install? Smartsound or FULL Smartsound? Thanky

More free Magic Music
How to use Magic Music.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
The full installer due to you not having it previously.

As for the 90%...what is in the timeline at that point? You may have a corrupted file. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found out why PD16 was freezing at 90%. In my security system (ICRealtime) when I download the file by default downloads as an ASF? file? I changed it to download as AVI file and it worked! Now I can add text and audio and my wife can kiss my grits. I rule.

More free Magic Music
How to use Magic Music.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
You’re the king of the world!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 03. 2017 09:21

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)