Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Phil -

Are you able to export from AE in MOV format? With the right options selected, that would allow PDR to "read" the alpha channel properly.

Cheers - Tony
Hi JimIowa, Robert & Alan -

Quote: Key frame opacity of font face within title designer fails

It doesn't actually fail because it was never intended to be keyframed. As Robert has pointed out, the keyframes for position, scale, opacity & rotation apply to the whole object - not particular properties of it. e.g. the opacity of the font face, border or shadow will be constant throughout, unless object settings are keyframed.

So, Jim, you can get a blinking title by setting the keyframes under Object Settings. If you want the font face only to blink while the border/shadow remains constant, you can overlay two titles as in this example.

Cheers - Tony
Hi steve360 -

Sailing a bit blind here, because I haven't used the most recent version of ActionDirector (3) but, from what I read on the comparison chart, PDR16 appears to have all those features available.

Also, you'd probably find that your Samsung Gear360 ActionDirector (2017) app would do the same things. Maybe more. I have used the Samsung version of AD.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Pj435 -

I totally agree with you that it would be an extremely useful feature, as you & fishycomics have shown in other software... but it's not part of PDR at the moment.

We're stuck with doing that sort of thing in other graphics software. Yes - it takes a few extra steps & I understand what you're saying about editing the shape on the fly, but that's just how it is.

I have a way of generating the right shapes in Paint.NET that works for my purposes... and it's pretty simple.

Cheers - Tony
Quote The Icon that Tony shows is only in the Video Overlay (PIP) room and the Particle Room. It does not show anywhere else that I can find.

Edit: It is in the Menu preferences of Create Disk also.

Hi Carl -

In the main "rooms", you need to open the "All Content" tab for the link to be present. You should find it in Video Overlay, Particles, Titles, & Transitions.

It's also available under Magic Style, Express Project, Blending Effect (Downloaded), and under Fix/Enhance in Lens Correction Profiles (uses the old icon) & Color Presets (All/Downloaded)

Cheers - Tony
Hi CyberBilly7 -

Not sure what the issue might be. You're obviously using the same email address & password.

When you go into PDR's Preferences, under the CL Cloud tab, are you signed in? If so, click Sign Out. Then go to account information and enter your email address & password.

... or - what happens when you click "Redeem CL Cloud service" and follow the steps?

If none of that works, I'd contact Customer Service. It may be something they can correct at their end.

Cheers - Tony
Hi CacoGrandé -

It's the same for all PDR16 & DS6 users.

Whenever you see this icon/button clicking it will link you to DZ. If you're already signed in via your browser, you're good to go.

You're right. In the Preferences of PDR16, PhD9, ADR7, & CDR6, there's the option to sign into DZ. They've just lost the menu bar "Sign into DZ" link.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: The PIP designer has no place to enter degrees of rotation any finer than 1 degree at a time (the same as the on screen rotation). Sure - you can enter up to 0.00001 into the field, but it'll just round it to the nearest degree so it's useless for that.

No - rotation of ° to 2 decimal places is possible in PiP Designer, as shown here. See the attached example showing rotation of 3.25°, confirmed with Screen Protractor app.

Quote: PIP is also harder to use since rotation means literally that. It spins the video. It isn't designed to just allow you to straighten the horizon. You can use keyframes so it doesn't spin as it's played by copying the initial keyframe. But you'd never use PIP to level a video unless like you said you can enter incremental degrees - which from what I see I can't. I'm running the latest PD 16 update so as of today I don't see it.

I guess you haven't had time to check that yet. Horizons can easily be straightened in PiP Designer.

Quote: Unless you can provide details as to where you can enter the 0.01 degrees I have to disagree with you. You can't do it! (And if you can it's crazy they won't let you do it on the main editor).

Yes you can.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Pjiojreoetoeu8435 -

Even though PDR has Paint Designer, where you can create hand drawn animations, it's NOT the right software for drawing geometric shapes. That's why Carl has been suggesting using graphics software, like Paint.NET.

Paint Designer does allow you to draw shapes, but it relies heavily on how steady you are with your mouse, trackpad or tablet. If you're after a nice clean shape, it's best to make it elsewhere.

You haven't mentioned whether you want to have the shape appear as if it's being drawn or just "plonked" there. That changes how you need to go about it. The second option is much simpler. Here's a tutorial showing how to prepare your shape on a transparent background.

Getting the drawn animation is quite a bit more complex. Here's what I mean by draw or plonk.

Cheers - Tony
PowerDirector could not achieve that effect without using other software in conjunction, but only because it's not made for image manipulation.

In the two tutorials I linked above, PhotoDirector was not used at all... but other graphics software was. In both cases, PhotoDirector could have been used instead because it can achieve the same things.

So - YES - some other image manipulation software is necessary.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Cyberbilly -

If you've had a look at this Photoshop tutorial you'll see that, betweeen PhD & PDR, you'd be able to achieve the same "2.5D Parallax Photo" effect.

PhotoDirector's Content Aware Removal & Background tools would be used for the photo preparation & PowerDirector's PiP Designer or Magic Motion can get the motion happening.

Here's an excellent tutorial showing the process, though the photo prep is done with different software:

and here's a (kind of) simplified version showing the possible steps in PDR:

Cheers - Tony
3rd attempt to post. Grrrr. Forum doesn't like attachments.

SparkyMad -

Try this:

1. Takethis Horizon2.jpg & insert it in the timeline (the horizon is 1.5° off horizontal)

2. Open it in PiP Designer Go to Object Settings > Rotation

3. Type -1.5 in the box (that's minus 1.5) Click OK

4. Turn on Preview Gridlines

The horizon should be horizontal.

These screenshots may help.

Cheers - Tony
Hi SparkyMad & PDR Moderator -

This maybe isn't a perfectly accurate test, but it would be good enough to indicate the accuracy (or not) of PDR's rotation with finer rotation adjustments.

I took the attached protractor image and rotated it anti-clockwise in Paint.NET by 5.0°, then 5.10°, then 5.11° saving as each time. Using the same graphic in PDR14, I repeated those rotations (-5.0°, -5.10° & -5.11) and took screenshots of each.

When the rotated images from Paint.NET were overlaid on the corresponding screenshots from PDR, they were in alignment. Overlaid images attached - PDR screenshots (outer) & PDN (inner).

i.e. accurate enough to rotate an image where the horizon was 1.5° off horizintal and make it right.

One small anomaly with PiP Designer... rotate -5.10° is OK, but when you return to PiP Designer it says -5.09. I can't tell whether it's actually rotated itself by 0.01° or not. The difference is miniscule: 5° 6' 0" vs. 5° 5' 24"

Cheers - Tony
G'day Barry -

Never seen that one before - You probably haven't either.

Using some clips from the MF41 (only difference is storage capacity), I produced using SVRT and couldn't replicate your frozen output. Repeated process to .mp4, rather than .m2ts & that made no difference. I'm assuming there were no unusual edits done at the freeze point.

Cheers - Tony
It could be that I've been using PDR since version 7... & this PC has every version from PDR12. It's possible the method of installation has changed (with PDR, not Windows).

e.g. PDR12 & 13 don't have that Fonts folder in the CESdlls folder, but from PDR14 on does.

That's my best guess.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Alan -

Quote: how does PD16 get to use them and all my existing ones without installing them?

You may have noticed those 13 fonts ARBERKLEY > ARJULIAN are installed in the Windows Fonts folder.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Videoguy01 -

Can you give some more detail please? MOV is just a container - it could be made with a variety of codecs. What is the source of your MOV files? Properties?

Here, lots of different MOV files import & play without issue - Canon DSLR clips, DJI Phantom, Alpha channel MOV clips...

Have you installed the most recent 2313 update patch for PDR16? It improves MOV compatibility, amongst other things.

Do you have Quicktime installed? or Quicktime Lite?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Charles -

PDR16 has a number of colour correction & adjustment features not available in previous versions, some of which are included in CDR.

"Intelligent Color Correction" refers to a feature called Color Match, which "analyzes your video footage and adjusts lighting, saturation, and color variables to achieve a consistent look across an entire clip" (not available in CDR). Both PDR16 & CDR can apply LUTs.

Most of the Fix/Enhance features in PDR16 are common to both, but CDR has more refined adjustments.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Seppo -

After you get your current problem sorted out, ably assisted by Longedge, Robert & Adrian, it would be well worth your while taking a look at these two tutorials made by our dear departed friend, Carsten. He may not be with us, but he still speaks to us.

Cheers - Tony
DOH!

Alt key + scroll wheel = scroll along timelines

Ctrl key + scroll wheel = expand or shrink track zoom.

Haha! I thought I was scrolling. No wonder I get confused. PDR16 is the other way round... scroll wheel = horizontal scroll. Alt + scroll = vertical scroll. Ctrl + scroll = track zoom.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jonathan -
Try holding down the Alt or Ctrl key while you use the scoll wheel. Works for me laughing
Cheers - Tony
Go to: