Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Side scrolling on timeline
JonathanS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 19:53 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Have I missed something?

I want to scroll side-to-side on the timeline, but the only option I can find is to manipulate the thin scroll bar at the bottom with my mouse cursor. I can scroll up and down with my mousewheel, but tilting on the mousewheel does nothing (that would be the most obvious solution). There's also no keyboard commands that I can find that do this (PgUp and PgDn, or even the arrow keys would make sense here). Did I miss something, or has this really been overlooked?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jonathan -
Try holding down the Alt or Ctrl key while you use the scoll wheel. Works for me laughing
Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JonathanS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 17, 2016 19:53 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Jonathan -
Try holding down the Alt or Ctrl key while you use the scoll wheel. Works for me laughing
Cheers - Tony
Ctrl-scroll, okay sure, but Alt-scroll?

Dude, you have no idea how much this blows my mind...

Just what I needed, thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
DOH!

Alt key + scroll wheel = scroll along timelines

Ctrl key + scroll wheel = expand or shrink track zoom.

Haha! I thought I was scrolling. No wonder I get confused. PDR16 is the other way round... scroll wheel = horizontal scroll. Alt + scroll = vertical scroll. Ctrl + scroll = track zoom.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!