Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Insert 'Keyframe' in Motion Tracker?
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to ask, but while the Motion Tracker capability seems to work pretty well in PDR15 - when the 'focus' or the 'item' is lost (the tracker loses its' location in a large change between frames), there seems to be no way to Reset the Tracking box and Insert a Keyframe or some other function to tell it "start from here".

I see that you can click the Track Motion button again, but if there is a large change between the next frame, it will immediately lose track of the item to be tracked...

Is there a way to add Motion Tracking 'Keyframes' manually in PDR15?

This would assist in handling these large changes of location between frames, for an item to be tracked.

Is this something that is possible in later versions of PDR?

(Which might be incentive to Upgrade sometime when I can heh)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2017 17:25

[Post New]
there's two way,

the first one is to click on the track button (to stop the video) then play with previous/next frame button and drag the selection box at the correct position.

the second one is to click the "mark out" button on the last frame before the change and then on the next frame click the "add a tracker" button to create a new tracker.

hope i'm clear.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Troy -

Both BVR's suggestions will work if the tracker has "lost its way".

Sometimes, with Motion Tracker, all goes well & you don't need to tweak anything. If the background is more complex, the tool has more trouble.

When I made these examples, the first couple worked fine. The third one had to be tweaked by readjusting keyframes. The last one had to be almost completely done manually (although Motion Tracker put the keyframs there).

The attached screenshot shows what I mean.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Motion Track Tweak.png]
 Filename
Motion Track Tweak.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
414 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Tesityr
Senior Member Location: Canada, eh Joined: Apr 08, 2014 05:35 Messages: 154 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for the input, you two!

I am not feeling well at the moment, but I shall try these soon...
Tesityr
[Post New]
If I may pop back in, I'm fighting a Flu Bug (ugh) but I managed to try the advice.

Yes, BVR's examples work - but the first one doens't always 'take' for some reason (sometimes the Motion Tracker will not keep the location of the dragged box) - I have no idea why...

Thanks for the second one - I didn't know you could edit the Keyframes in PiP Editor - awesome! cool

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2017 10:53