Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Random Black Screen in Clips
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 11:14 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
HI All

I've made a video using PD 16 and for some reason, PD has now introduced a black glitch shot right in the middle of a clip? I'm completely stumped as to how this happened? The first time I did it, it produced absolutely fine with no glitch. I did it again after making a few edits, and now I cannot get rid of this bloody clip? It happens around 20 seconds of the below link?

Also just spotted ANOTHER glitch at 17 seconds, whereby it's now repeated the first half of the clip (the shot of the table with crackers on) - in the timeline mode this is still supposed to be the original clip and none of this repeating?

Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ce6796es5blepd0/Hurley%20House%20Hall%20Xmas%20Party_1.mp4?dl=0

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2017 10:19

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Look at the storyboard view to see if there are any blank boards. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Look at the storyboard view to see if there are any blank boards.

No blanks in storyboard mode - just seems to have snuck in, in the middle of a clip!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ArchedEdge -

Quote: just seems to have snuck in, in the middle of a clip!

I hate to break it to you, but it looks to me like you put it there laughing

When you're doing that kind of editing where they a lots of cutaways to other clips, it's easy enough to leave a small gap. The way to overcome that is to expand your timeline so you can see them! In your case there's one between 00:00:17:18 & 00:00:17:25 & another between 00:00:20:25 & 00:00:20:29... not counting the blanks spot at the end from 00:00:38:09 to 00:00:40:21

When I split & removed the second black spot from your produced file, that girl's cartwheel ran smoothly. That's what makes me think you must have split the clip & inadvertently left a 4 frame space.

Here's a reproduced version of Hurley House minus the black bits.

Can't see where those repeats are...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi ArchedEdge -

Quote: just seems to have snuck in, in the middle of a clip!

I hate to break it to you, but it looks to me like you put it there laughing

When you're doing that kind of editing where they a lots of cutaways to other clips, it's easy enough to leave a small gap. The way to overcome that is to expand your timeline so you can see them! In your case there's one between 00:00:17:18 & 00:00:17:25 & another between 00:00:20:25 & 00:00:20:29... not counting the blanks spot at the end from 00:00:38:09 to 00:00:40:21

When I split & removed the second black spot from your produced file, that girl's cartwheel ran smoothly. That's what makes me think you must have split the clip & inadvertently left a 4 frame space.

Here's a reproduced version of Hurley House minus the black bits.

Can't see where those repeats are...

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony. I ended up shutting down my laptop and coming back to it later, and magically, all those glitches were now missing from my preview and my produced video. The black screen was actually one continuous video in my timeline, so I'm glad to see it was a fairly simple fix, though worried that so many errors could creep into my project just from being open too long!