Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Need To Zoom into Large Photo at Its Actual Size (100%)
nmccamy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Austintown, OH Joined: Dec 16, 2017 15:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have a very large photo (19000 x 10000 pixels) and want to be able to zoom into it at its actual size, just like in Photoshop and Premiere Pro. But the Scale parameter does not use percentage (100%). Is there a way to do this in PD? Nick McCamy
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nick -
It's hard to know exaclty what you're trying to do. Do you mean to increase the preview zoom so you're seeing the image at full size/resolution? or do you mean you want to zoom (as in, motion) the 19000x10000px image to a particular segment.

If you mean the first one, I don't think that can be done. What PDR has done is jammed your high res image into a 1920x1080 screen preview. It doesn't work like PhotoShop.

With your image in the timeline, if you enable a 10x10 grid, one of those little rectangles is pretty close to 1920x1080. Four of those little rectangles is pretty close to 3840x2160.

If you mean the second one - zooming with motion - those grids can help too. But it depends what profile you intend to produce to. If it's 1080p, you'd zoom into ~one rectangle on the 10x10 grid (if you know what I mean). For UHD, you'd zoom into 4 rectangles on the 10x10 grid. If it's 4K - 4096x2304, it's a little bit more that 4 rectangles. There are more accurate ways to do it - just trying to establish your purpose.

These little videos started with a 19000x10000px image and zoomed to 1920x1080 - 3840x2160 - 4096x2304 (reflecting the production profile chosen) but they might be totally irrelevant if that's not what you're trying to do. embarassed

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
nmccamy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you ynotfish for the response!
At the start of the clip, I want the viewer to see the photo zoomed in, or scaled like in Premiere Pro, to 100%, or actual size, full size resolution, then they would see it slowly zoom out until the photo fit the frame.
In Premiere Pro, I simply scale the photo to 100% as a keyframe to have it display actual size. Keyframe scaling in PD does not use percentage, it uses ratio.
I did play around with the grid, and will probably use that approach.
By the way, Premiere Pro is so buggy I can no longer use it. Adobe has gone downhill! Nick McCamy
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Glad that helped, Nick!
The method I described above is more visual than accurate. A more accurate way to set the zoom keyframes is to change the numbers for width & height in PiP Designer (at the appropriate keyframe points).

Because your image isn't 16:9, the ratios are different... but as long as you maintain the aspect ratio all will be well. Again, you need to consider what profile will be used for rendering/producing.

As you can see, for a 16:9 image height & width ratios are the same. Also, the ratios for 1920x1080 (though accurate) cannot be implemented in PiP Designer which maxes out at 6.000.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2017 19:05

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
nmccamy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks again Tony! That ratio chart will be very hepful! Nick McCamy