Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cannot save or produce movies if i record in .mov format
[Post New]
If I record 4k video in .mov format Powerdirector start looping when I try to save my project or to produce a movie without saving it.

I waste a lot of time editing movies as I cannot always remember what I did. That's what saving is my work us used for !
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I record 4k video in .mov format Powerdirector start looping when I try to save my project or to produce a movie without saving it.

I waste a lot of time editing movies as I cannot always remember what I did. That's what saving is my work us used for !

Please explain the sentence I bolded.

Please explain a little better what you mean by looping while saving. The same for producing.

How far are you a=ble to go in production? Cab you select the output video format?

Please attach the dxdiag.exe file for your computer (Windows/Start/Run). There is no personal information in the dxdiag. Just attach the text file and not the line by line result. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote If I record 4k video in .mov format Powerdirector start looping when I try to save my project or to produce a movie without saving it.

Please explain a little better what you mean by looping while saving. The same for producing.

How far are you a=ble to go in production? Cab you select the output video format?

Please attach the dxdiag.exe file for your computer (Windows/Start/Run). There is no personal information in the dxdiag. Just attach the text file and not the line by line result.

Hi Stavek.

Something happend when I wrote the bold sentence: I just mean't that saving your work during editing is necesary in order to continue working on a project.

I have no problems with .mp4 files but as I started to record 4k in .mov format I could not save my work it stopped at 20% saving and just hang and hang. I cancelled the program to go on. In the next trial I did not save my projekt but tried to produce and the same happend the program just hang up - it looks as it was looping internally. Concerning production the program hang up before I could select any formats.

Now I have executed the dxdiag and attached the output.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
186 time(s)
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Please attach the dxdiag.exe file for your computer (Windows/Start/Run). There is no personal information in the dxdiag. Just attach the text file and not the line by line result.

Hi Stavek.

Something happend when I wrote the bold sentence: I just mean't that saving your work during editing is necesary in order to continue working on a project.

I have no problems with .mp4 files but as I started to record 4k in .mov format I could not save my work it stopped at 20% saving and just hang and hang. I cancelled the program to go on. In the next trial I did not save my projekt but tried to produce and the same happend the program just hang up - it looks as it was looping internally. Concerning production the program hang up before I could select any formats.

Now I have executed the dxdiag and attached the output.

Have you download the latest patch, Build 2313. There's a fix for MOV compatablity. It may just help https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
OP have you tried producing .mov files in 1080P? I regularly use .mov files in 1080P/60 FPS without issue in production. I have the latest 2313 build, but I didn't have trouble even before the update.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote OP have you tried producing .mov files in 1080P?

Hi BrewCityRider -
Last time I could produce any .MOV file in PDR was PDR14.

LeonBirder -
What camera is it you're using to record those .MOV files?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]

Hi BrewCityRider -

LeonBirder -

Cheers - Tony

I have an inexpensive secondary camera to my GoPro called the Fitfort action camera, which only records in the .mov file format. It is actually proving to be an excellent camera. Got it for around $60 on Amazon.
[Post New]
Quote OP have you tried producing .mov files in 1080P? I regularly use .mov files in 1080P/60 FPS without issue in production. I have the latest 2313 build, but I didn't have trouble even before the update.

Hi.

I want the movies in 4K - so...

thanks anyway..

And I tried the 2313 but it was not for my version of Powerdirector - it said ??
[Post New]

Hi BrewCityRider -

LeonBirder -

Cheers - Tony

I have an inexpensive secondary camera to my GoPro called the Fitfort action camera, which only records in the .mov file format. It is actually proving to be an excellent camera. Got it for around $60 on Amazon.

Hi Tony.

I used my Panasonic FZ2000 (FZ2500) with 4K and LPCM 200 mps. I have changed back to .mp4 with no problems.