Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using PhotoDIrector 2.5D Effect and Cyberlink Cloud with PowerDirector
CyberBilly77 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Dec 23, 2017 04:32 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there:
a. Is PhotoDirector the only way to create the 2.5D Parrelax Effect on a still shot or screen capture in PowerDirector? I see a lot like this is possible with the Animation/Motion and Content Aware editing functions already in PowerDirector.
b. Where are instructions on using Cyberlink Cloud? It won't let me sign in -- says I don't have it -- even though I've confirmed/redeemed my free 25GB use under Management.
c. How do you create a link for others to view a project in the Cloud without them being allowed to download it?

Thanks for any help, friends!

A noob learning PowerDirector,
~CyberBilly
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cyberbilly -

If you've had a look at this Photoshop tutorial you'll see that, betweeen PhD & PDR, you'd be able to achieve the same "2.5D Parallax Photo" effect.

PhotoDirector's Content Aware Removal & Background tools would be used for the photo preparation & PowerDirector's PiP Designer or Magic Motion can get the motion happening.

Here's an excellent tutorial showing the process, though the photo prep is done with different software:

and here's a (kind of) simplified version showing the possible steps in PDR:

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CyberBilly77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,
Thanks very much for the added info.
Part of what I was asking was: So is PhotoDirector (or other still photo software) ESSENTIAL to this process? PowerDirector cannot handle this by itself?
From the vids you pointed out, plus my own look at it -- it seems that PhotoDirector (or similar) IS essential.

Thanks again,
~CyberBilly
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector could not achieve that effect without using other software in conjunction, but only because it's not made for image manipulation.

In the two tutorials I linked above, PhotoDirector was not used at all... but other graphics software was. In both cases, PhotoDirector could have been used instead because it can achieve the same things.

So - YES - some other image manipulation software is necessary.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
CyberBilly77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony!
Now, if only I could get into Cyberlink Cloud which I'm supposed to have 25GB free storage with. Doesn't want to recognize me signing in - even though I've "redeemed" my 25GB under Management. And then maybe I could figure out how to use it to store and give project access to others via a link, without giving them downloading access to the work.