Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Intelligent Color Correction - Don't still need Color Director?
Charles Edward [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 20, 2015 10:17 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
PD 16 advertises to have "intelligent color correcting". Basically, I was hoping to use color director to improve colors on my videos, not necessarily do special effects.
I am considering upgrading to PD 16 from an older version. I am thinking that if PD 16 already has his intelligent color correction thing. Will it be enough or do I still need to get color director. This decision will change what I need to purchase.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD 16 advertises to have "intelligent color correcting". Basically, I was hoping to use color director to improve colors on my videos, not necessarily do special effects.
I am considering upgrading to PD 16 from an older version. I am thinking that if PD 16 already has his intelligent color correction thing. Will it be enough or do I still need to get color director. This decision will change what I need to purchase.

Really depends on how much power you like to have over your videos. Personally I think color director is a must if your going to make professional vids being you have alot more power over what you can do. But that is just me. PowerDirector Tutorials Team
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Charles -

PDR16 has a number of colour correction & adjustment features not available in previous versions, some of which are included in CDR.

"Intelligent Color Correction" refers to a feature called Color Match, which "analyzes your video footage and adjusts lighting, saturation, and color variables to achieve a consistent look across an entire clip" (not available in CDR). Both PDR16 & CDR can apply LUTs.

Most of the Fix/Enhance features in PDR16 are common to both, but CDR has more refined adjustments.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!