Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink 13 do no find projects
Seppo Sakari
Newbie Location: Finland Joined: Dec 13, 2017 07:48 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I had to reinstall Windows 7. The new installation changed the drive letters. Earlier, the videos, their projects, and photos were in F: Now is F: drive for CD/DVD drive. The newly installed CyberLink 13 can not find old projects from the current D: where they are. How to get the program to find them from the right place? Or how to modify project files so that they find the program? Seppo Sakari
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
If PDR is installed correctly and the Windows file associations are properly set then when you double click on a project file ".pds" PDR should open but you should see a message to tell you that the project assets cannot be found. You should be able to navigate to the new location for each item until you have 'found' everything and at that stage you can save the project. It will then open normally.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I had to reinstall Windows 7. The new installation changed the drive letters. Earlier, the videos, their projects, and photos were in F: Now is F: drive for CD/DVD drive. The newly installed CyberLink 13 can not find old projects from the current D: where they are. How to get the program to find them from the right place? Or how to modify project files so that they find the program?

Hi SS

In PREFERENCE - FILE - select the old folder as your new "Export Folder" E.g. D:\ Pd projects

That should work for you

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
As an alternative to the above suggestions you can, if you wish, restore your drives to their original letters. This is done through Control Panels > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management. Select 'Action' then 'All Tasks' and you will then see 'Change Drive Letter and Paths'. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Easiest way will probably be to reassign the drive letters back to your previous configuration. Have a look at this tutorial and see if this will help:

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/82994-drive-letter-add-change-remove-windows.html

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't disagree with the advice to re-assign drive letters but be aware that this may impact other software that has been installed on your computer.
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Thank you all very much. It is quite unbelievable that some of software forums really get such good information and fast. It brings a warm Christmas feeling, if you could say so. I am an IT journalist and the Win 7 machine is one of my working and testing machines. When also having videos as a hobby I have written here in Finland in different contexts of CyberLink. Earlier have also been given advice, using an other username. There you have a good team.

Changing drivers letters would be the simpliest way. But, as Longedge says, it can cause problems with other programs and going tests. When I only need one or two old project, then I'm going to try out the methods described at the beginning of the chain. I'll tell you the experienses here after a while.

Best thanks to you, video and photo friends! Seppo Sakari
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Hello friends. Restoring projects is now underway, but it is more difficult as expected. At best, I have the first attempt with "ignore all" results as shown in picture here. (Hope get it here.) As shown in the picture, no video clips will be included. Where are they?

Here is the direct link:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/Finneptun/CyberLink%20projekt%20back.jpg

Rober Panny: Could you please clarify how your proposal will be made. Where to start and what then... - you know.

I have backup of the old C: and F: drives, if needed. Trying activate project on old F:drive give the same result as shown picture, no clips. Also seems so, that changging drives letter do not help, when situation was no better using old F: drive.

Btw. is it impossible to copy and paste text to this forum? Using attachments? Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello friends. Restoring projects is now underway, but it is more difficult as expected. At best, I have the first attempt with "ignore all" results as shown in picture here. (Hope get it here.) As shown in the picture, no video clips will be included. Where are they?

Here is the direct link:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/Finneptun/CyberLink%20projekt%20back.jpg

Rober Panny: Could you please clarify how your proposal will be made. Where to start and what then... - you know.

I have backup of the old C: and F: drives, if needed. Trying activate project on old F:drive give the same result as shown picture, no clips. Also seems so, that changging drives letter do not help, when situation was no better using old F: drive.

Btw. is it impossible to copy and paste text to this forum? Using attachments?

When PD saves a project it saves it to the export folder. We need to change the designation letter that PD has to find the projects it has saved previously.
So - Open PD. at the top of the page select EDIT then select PREFERENCES. Now select FILE. In this window you will see the address of the "EXPORT FOLDER" my guess is, it will say F as a drive letter and then the route to the actual storage folder. If I have read your post correctly, you need to change the F to D. Try that.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Hello friends. Restoring projects is now underway, but it is more difficult as expected. At best, I have the first attempt with "ignore all" results as shown in picture here. (Hope get it here.) As shown in the picture, no video clips will be included. Where are they?

Here is the direct link:

Btw. is it impossible to copy and paste text to this forum? Using attachments?

When PD saves a project it saves it to the export folder. We need to change the designation letter that PD has to find the projects it has saved previously.
So - Open PD. at the top of the page select EDIT then select PREFERENCES. Now select FILE. In this window you will see the address of the "EXPORT FOLDER" my guess is, it will say F as a drive letter and then the route to the actual storage folder. If I have read your post correctly, you need to change the F to D. Try that.
Robert

Seppo
If the above doesn't cure your problem, read on.
I am wondering if I have been mis-understanding your problem? You have mentioned an "ignore all" message. This usually happens when PD can't find the source material of the project. This next question is very important. Did you copy your material to your hard drive before you started editing? If you did not, and you used, say, an SD card to edit from, and you remove the SD card, PD will still be looking for the SD card. To avoid this problem always copy your material to your HDD before you start to edit. If you have your clips on your HDD they will always be there for PD to find.
To clarify. When a project is saved as a PDS file it does not save the images. The PDS file simply tells PD where to look for the material for the project. If the source material platform has been removed you will get the "ignore all" message.
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Hello Robert,

When trying to open a project there comes information: CL PD can not open this media file because it was mowed or is missing. Check..... e.g. F:\xxxxxx.xxxxxx.mp3

Possibilities there are Browse, Ignore, Ignore All. Picture shows the result when using Ignore All button. I can troly find those missing still pictures and audiofiles locatios. But do this help, were are all videoclips? On timeline there comes empty windowses marking videoclips. Where CL saves project videoclips? I believe that they are on same location as PDS file, but seems so that they are not.

When editing videos all my videoproject material is on HDD drive in computer, not on SD cards etc. Do this help to clarify the problem?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2017 07:50

Seppo Sakari
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
From what you say, I'm not sure that you understood my first post. PDR is telling you that it cannot find the files that it needs for your project. If you ignore the message then the project will still open but with blank areas where the videos or images or audio files should be.
Instead of ignoring the message, for every one of the files you must browse to the new location. It will then be imported and PDR will move on to the next until they have all been found.
At this stage, save your project and then it will open normally afterwards.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote From what you say, I'm not sure that you understood my first post. PDR is telling you that it cannot find the files that it needs for your project. If you ignore the message then the project will still open but with blank areas where the videos or images or audio files should be.
Instead of ignoring the message, for every one of the files you must browse to the new location. It will then be imported and PDR will move on to the next until they have all been found.

My friend Longedge is quite right, but I think this a communication problem. Maybe we three can sort this out together. Here goes!
Please clarify the following: 1. Do you have an actual address for the black screen, missing files? 2. Are they actually in a folder on your PC?
Now as Longedge says, if you have the above information, do the following: When you try to open your PD project and you get the "ignore, ignore all or browse" message. Click on browse and go to the folder where you know the files are and select them.
Let us know what happens when you try this. However, Is it in any way possible that the files are not stored on the PC?
Let us know how you get on
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote From what you say, I'm not sure that you understood my first post. PDR is telling you that it cannot find the files that it needs for your project. If you ignore the message then the project will still open but with blank areas where the videos or images or audio files should be.

My friend Longedge is quite right, but I think this a communication problem. Maybe we three can sort this out together. Here goes!
Please clarify the following: 1. Do you have an actual address for the black screen, missing files? 2. Are they actually in a folder on your PC?
Now as Longedge says, if you have the above information, do the following: When you try to open your PD project and you get the "ignore, ignore all or browse" message. Click on browse and go to the folder where you know the files are and select them.
Let us know what happens when you try this. However, Is it in any way possible that the files are not stored on the PC?
Let us know how you get on
Robert

Seppo
Another important thing! If you reinstalled PD13, did you download the latest patch, build 3516. There are lots of issues concerning black images. You only need to install 3516 as it covers all the previous ones. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html
Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2017 05:05

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Robert

I have previously had CyberLink 11 and 12. These were destroyed as unusable for Windows. When it is no possible to load old ones, I downloaded the new 13 wich I received free of charge. Its version is probably 13.0.3420.0. I think it can not be updaded.

I have not jet had to change to try Browse button method. I'm still a bit doubtful, when there missing only files of still pictures and musik, as I was seeing. Is this a mismatch of different versions? The program works fine otherwise.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2017 09:09

Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Robert

I have previously had CyberLink 11 and 12. These were destroyed as unusable for Windows. When it is no possible to load old ones, I downloaded the new 13 wich I received free of charge. Its version is probably 13.0.3420.0. I think it can not be updaded.

I have not jet had to change to try Browse button method. I'm still a bit doubtful, when there missing only files of still pictures and musik, as I was seeing. Is this a mismatch of different versions? The program works fine otherwise.

Seppo
I am more confused than ever now, but I am beginning to slowly understand.
So far as I know (someone correct me if I am wrong, please) no matter how many versions of PD you have, there is only ONE PD Projects folder where all projects are stored.
Do a Windows search for a folder called PD Projects. When you find it see if any of the missing stuff is in there.
Apart from that I am beat
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Robert

The matter starts to become clearer. I tried Browse method. It does not find m2ts files what are maybe just videoclips. I found on the machine many m2ts files placed on C: drive. There was no m2ts files from new CL projects what I am looking after. Maybe I can find those from older C: drive back-up. Also possibly that there is nothing after C: drives crash. I'll be back.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2017 13:05

Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Robert

The matter starts to become clearer. I tried Browse method. It does not find m2ts files what are maybe just videoclips. I found on the machine many m2ts files placed on C: drive. There was no m2ts files from new CL projects what I am looking after. Maybe I can find those from older C: drive back-up. Also possibly that there is nothing after C: drives crash. I'll be back.

It looks to me like you are going to have to accept the files have been lost.
What worries me about your setup is the fact that have a version of PD13 that was supplied free of charge, and if I have understood you correctly you are unable to to upgrade the latest patch. The build you quote is not showing on the current patch list so one would believe that you have a version that comes as a teaser from the computer maker.
The problem is, from reading the release notes of the PD13 official patches, there are quite a few issues with M2TS files. These issues are fixed with the patches that you cannot use.
It's not for me to say, but I would suggest that you obtain a proper CyberLink issued version for your future use. There are still versions of PD14 on for sale from Amazon. 14 was a real improvement on 13 and 15 is even faster.
Do you have to film in M2TS or do you have the option to use MP4. If you can film in MP4 I think that would be easier for you if you dont want to upgrade.
Seppo, I do hope that you get to the bottom of this soon.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Seppo,
Look at Issue 1 of PDNews here:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/downloadAttach/22394.page
It describes how to examine your .pds file and identify where the .pds file "thinks" the project assets are located.
If you note these locations down, you might be able to find the necessary assets in their new locations?
If you can do that you have a good chance of pointing PD in the right direction to re-establish your project without loss.
If you have a real difficulty, pm me and I can have a look at the .pds file for you and see if there's a way to find the lost assets!!
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Hi Seppo,
Look at Issue 1 of PDNews here:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/downloadAttach/22394.page
It describes how to examine your .pds file and identify where the .pds file "thinks" the project assets are located.
If you note these locations down, you might be able to find the necessary assets in their new locations?
If you can do that you have a good chance of pointing PD in the right direction to re-establish your project without loss.
If you have a real difficulty, pm me and I can have a look at the .pds file for you and see if there's a way to find the lost assets!!
Adrian

Hi Adrian
The file names are simple enough eg 001.mts. Surely, if they are still there wouldn't they have shown up in a simple Windows search?