Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frozen frame preview
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
OK, here is a good one...
I place a clip from my Canon HF M40. It plays fine in the preview, plays fine in the Library, but when I go to render it always grabs onto a single frame and stays with that frame, frozen in time, forever, not to mention the audio stopping. I'm going to try another program (gasp!) and see if it can render this. It must be corrupt in some way. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Barry -

Never seen that one before - You probably haven't either.

Using some clips from the MF41 (only difference is storage capacity), I produced using SVRT and couldn't replicate your frozen output. Repeated process to .mp4, rather than .m2ts & that made no difference. I'm assuming there were no unusual edits done at the freeze point.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony. It's definately weird, I might expect something like this from an HDV capture error, but this is flash, modern. Positive it's the file and not actually PD. So I thought I might outsmart it by running it through ColorDirector, but it makes that choke on the same frame, also. The file starts playing but stops there. Yet plays perfect in the library. It might even be the audio track that's screwing the pooch. So, I thought I might outsmart it by installing a Tony's favorite Format Factory. Format factory gagged on it too. AHA, I will outsmart it I have Media Espresso, which inexplicably is bottlestopped at 16Mb max bitrates, but it didn't matter because it choked on it also. So, I thought I'd (stop me if you've heard this one), outsmart that damn corrupt nasty beast and ran it through the amazing Mercalli Stabie and BAM! Good to go, and fortunately (sort of) the file is from my handheld camera from a 3-camera shoot so the stabilizer is OK to use anyway, just wish I could raise the bitrate on that, too but at least it's 20Mbs/sec, that will have to suffice. Must be a few 0s and 1s out of place in that file and only Mercalli could run by it.
Crisis over. Merry Christmas, Good bye Dear Kranksy,
BG

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2017 15:05

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT