Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CyberLink 13 do no find projects
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Seppo,
Look at Issue 1 of PDNews here:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/downloadAttach/22394.page
It describes how to examine your .pds file and identify where the .pds file "thinks" the project assets are located.
If you note these locations down, you might be able to find the necessary assets in their new locations?
If you can do that you have a good chance of pointing PD in the right direction to re-establish your project without loss.
If you have a real difficulty, pm me and I can have a look at the .pds file for you and see if there's a way to find the lost assets!!
Adrian

Hi Adrian
The file names are simple enough eg 001.mts. Surely, if they are still there wouldn't they have shown up in a simple Windows search?
Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Seppo -

After you get your current problem sorted out, ably assisted by Longedge, Robert & Adrian, it would be well worth your while taking a look at these two tutorials made by our dear departed friend, Carsten. He may not be with us, but he still speaks to us.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,
"The file names are simple enough eg 001.mts. Surely, if they are still there wouldn't they have shown up in a simple Windows search?"

Agreed, but on a quick check of 3 of my 10 drives, not including my 2 NAS drives, I have 23,857 .mp4 files, many with very similar sequential names (as you rightly point out).

So, for me, I would take a quick look at a copy of the project .pds file in Notepad, check the original project files locations and then see what I could do to either rebuild my original configuration (if possible) or point PD in the direction of the new location (if possible) or even edit the .pds file (if possible).
But looking at the .pds file would at least give me the exact files that I need to find, and their last known location.
Admittedly, not everyone has quite as many drives and files as I do, and perhaps they are better organised than I am, but the last project .pds file is (usually) the only exact source of that information, so I tend to start there and follow wherever that path leads.
Adrian
[Thumb - Adrians drives.PNG]
 Filename
Adrians drives.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2017 15:07

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Seppo Sakari
Newbie Location: Finland Joined: Dec 13, 2017 07:48 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for all of you. I have to take time out. Christmas is such a big event here in Finland and its celebration is about to begin. This country is the place where Santa Claus lives. laughing On Christmas holidays I go though all your good advices. And after the saints I will then tell the results. I wish Merry Christmas and Good New Year for all of you.
I'll be back. Seppo Sakari
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
A Happy Christmas and Happy New Year to you also, Seppo, and to all the contributors on this forum. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Hello all again! I found videoclips. They was not in the PDF fille but in the folder where they have been loaded from the camcorder. When I direct my search to there, they will come to the right places.

So it looks good. However, there is still one problem. The project would otherwise be clarified, but the clips and the movie lack the original sound. Background music that is not on videoclips works well.

Here's a link to picture of the project I've just returned.

How would I still get the original sound there?

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/Finneptun/CyberLink%20project%20now.jpg Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello all again! I found videoclips. They was not in the PDF fille but in the folder where they have been loaded from the camcorder. When I direct my search to there, they will come to the right places.

So it looks good. However, there is still one problem. The project would otherwise be clarified, but the clips and the movie lack the original sound. Background music that is not on videoclips works well.

Here's a link to picture of the project I've just returned.

How would I still get the original sound there?

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/Finneptun/CyberLink%20project%20now.jpg

Hi Seppo
I hope you had a great Christmas. Lovely dog!
Your clip tells me that you have two audio clips in the project, but they are nowhere to be seen.
If you look to the far right of the timeline workspace you will see the scroll bar looks as if there is material lower down. I suspect the audio may be in a track that is out of sight so scroll down and see if the clips are there. If you can't hear the music, the "tick" may need putting in the track on the left side of the track.
Once again, I hope that I have understood you correctly and the advice solves the problem for you
Robert
Further to the above: check the audio has not been pushed out of the picture to the right. HIGHLIGHT track one and press END on the keyboard. The scrubber will move to the very end of the project.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 28. 2017 08:55

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Seppo,
I'm no expert on this but I wonder if, since reinstalling Windows 7, you are missing an audio codec. Do your original .m2ts clips play ok in Windows Media Player? I see from your timeline screenshot that audio is present in the clips and the audio track is enabled so AFAIK it should play if the correct codec is installed.
Take a look here and see if this helps. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
I have on the Timeline the original soundtrack just below the video clips. More below - not shown in the picture - is a soundtrack for background musik. Background musik is therefore not on the actual soundtrack. I do not think it's question about coodecs. All my media players will play the original sounds from videoclips.

I took the test of this project to add again videoclips from the program's desktop. There comes no soundtrack on the Timeline at all. Not even such a gray bar that appears in the earlier restored project. It seems that the project's return has left the original sounds in something, both of the clips and the movie.

My dog's Tibetian Spaniel Elli greets all dog friends! Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote I have on the Timeline the original soundtrack just below the video clips. More below - not shown in the picture - is a soundtrack for background musik. Background musik is therefore not on the actual soundtrack. I do not think it's question about coodecs. All my media players will play the original sounds from videoclips.

I took the test of this project to add again videoclips from the program's desktop. There comes no soundtrack on the Timeline at all. Not even such a gray bar that appears in the earlier restored project. It seems that the project's return has left the original sounds in something, both of the clips and the movie.

My dog's Tibetian Spaniel Elli greets all dog friends!

Seppo
Please confirm. The project has no sound whatsoever?? Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Fenman
[Post New]
If you click on a clip in the media library so that it appears in the preview window and then play that is there still no sound? Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote If you click on a clip in the media library so that it appears in the preview window and then play that is there still no sound?

Seppo
No sound in PowerDirector??
Try right clicking on the speaker icon in the Windows taskbar, open the volume mixer and check PowerDirector is not muted. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
There is no original sound on those videoclips in the media library of the project. PowerDirector has sound on because project background musik in perfectly OK. Only original sound is missing from the clips and movie. Would it be helpful if I install original videoclips again to the media library? Should I remove first old ones from there or not?

The Best New Year for All of You! Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote There is no original sound on those videoclips in the media library of the project. PowerDirector has sound on because project background musik in perfectly OK. Only original sound is missing from the clips and movie. Would it be helpful if I install original videoclips again to the media library? Should I remove first old ones from there or not?

The Best New Year for All of You!

Seppo
As an experiment first. Start a new project, bring in the original clips, load them on timeline and see if you have sound on them. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Fenman
[Post New]
Quote I have on the Timeline the original soundtrack just below the video clips. More below - not shown in the picture - is a soundtrack for background musik. Background musik is therefore not on the actual soundtrack. I do not think it's question about coodecs. All my media players will play the original sounds from videoclips.

My dog's Tibetian Spaniel Elli greets all dog friends!

Happy New Year to you Seppo.
If I've read the above quote correctly you deleted the clips from the timeline then brought them in again from the media library (program's desktop?) and now there is no audio visible in Audio track 1. Is that correct?
I agree with Robert, try opening a new test project, bring in a few clips to the timeline and see if you have audio then. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Hi, it was only a question: if I reinstall... I've not done yet. I am sure that new clips will play perfectly OK in CyberLink 14 making a new project. But are they working in that old project without rebuilding all from the beginning? Shall I first remove those old silence clpis from the projects media library? I'm trying to findf out. Hope to find something.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 31. 2017 11:37

Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Hi, it was only a question: if I reinstall... I've not done yet. I am sure that new clips will play perfectly OK in CyberLink 14 making a new project. But are they working in that old project without rebuilding all from the beginning? Shall I first remove those old silence clpis from the projects media library? I'm trying to findf out. Hope to find something.

Seppo
The easiest way to remove items from the library is to remove them by type. As an example, you cant just select all, right click and select "remove from library"
I suggest you use the search function (search the library) at the top of the Media Room. So determine the format of the offending clips e.g. MTS or MP4. Go to the search function and type MTS. You should now see only MTS files in the Media Room,. Select all and right click. Now select "remove from library".
When they have gone from the library the timeline should still show the removed files and play normally. Now, if we are LUCKY, bring in the replacement clips and try playing the timeline. Is there sound??? If not, try saving the project and re-opening it.
I cant think of anything else.
Happy New Year Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
I managed to manually remove all but the background music files fom the project library. Download of new original video clips war also successful. But not the original sound in the clips.

I tried media plyer to hear the original sound. It's OK. Opened a new project and put videolips on it. The same thing, not the original sound.

So CyberLink 13 does not work for original sound, only background musik is to hear. I looked at the sound mixer. There are the sound settings in gray, no adjustments possibilities. Hi, is this a mute software? What do you propose to do now? Seppo Sakari
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote I managed to manually remove all but the background music files fom the project library. Download of new original video clips war also successful. But not the original sound in the clips.

I tried media plyer to hear the original sound. It's OK. Opened a new project and put videolips on it. The same thing, not the original sound.

So CyberLink 13 does not work for original sound, only background musik is to hear. I looked at the sound mixer. There are the sound settings in gray, no adjustments possibilities. Hi, is this a mute software? What do you propose to do now?

Seppo

Please tell me today. What is the format of the clips? Right click on a clip in the library - go to "view properties" - tell me what it says in the three boxes

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote I managed to manually remove all but the background music files fom the project library. Download of new original video clips war also successful. But not the original sound in the clips.

So CyberLink 13 does not work for original sound, only background musik is to hear. I looked at the sound mixer. There are the sound settings in gray, no adjustments possibilities. Hi, is this a mute software? What do you propose to do now?

Seppo

Please tell me today. What is the format of the clips? Right click on a clip in the library - go to "view properties" - tell me what it says in the three boxes

Robert

Also tell me if Hardware acceleration is enabled EDIT-PREFERENCES- HARDWARE ACCELERATION. Is it checked (ticked) Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Seppo Sakari
[Post New]
Here is videoclips properties in picture. I will after a moment look after Hardware Accleration.

<a>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/Finneptun/PowerDirector%20file%20properties.jpg</a>

Hardware Accleration is enabled, Open GL is not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 02. 2018 12:17

Seppo Sakari