Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector16 or ActionDirector3? whats the diff?
steve360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2017 15:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought PD16 to make home movies with my Samsung Gear 360. Two days later (today), i see there's an ActionDirector 3 that seems more appropriate for me, so whats the difference? Does PD have all the same features as AD and more? Or, is AD3 better for working with 360 videos?
Some of the things i want to do are:

• correct tilt in my shots

• choose the direction the video is look at. That is, for some scenes i'd prefer the back camera angle over the front. Other times, i want to start the clip look down and have the viewpoint move to my direction, etc...

Please advise, thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi steve360 -

Sailing a bit blind here, because I haven't used the most recent version of ActionDirector (3) but, from what I read on the comparison chart, PDR16 appears to have all those features available.

Also, you'd probably find that your Samsung Gear360 ActionDirector (2017) app would do the same things. Maybe more. I have used the Samsung version of AD.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!