Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Terry -

Wow! That's persistent - even after the rabbit's foot treatment.

It's happened before, but generally rights itself once a project is closed then re-opened.

Examples: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63676.page and https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64125.page

I don't have any solution for you because I have no idea what causes it. Sorry.

Cheers - Tony
Hi FilipeCardoso -

The answer is YES, and there are quite a few resources available to help you with it.

First - this thread has some links to tutorials & other information.

Second - here's another tutorial at the CL Learning Centre

Third - creative & hard working forum member GodfreyZA has created a free template for this purpose (2.5D Parallax Slideshow).

Cheers - Tony
Hi Håkan K -

I can't test that here because, even though I have CDR 2-6 installed, it's CDR6 that's triggered when round tripping. I do remember there was an issue with the LUT adjustment not sticking with CDR5.

What happens when you (a) apply the LUT in CDR5 then (b) make some other minor adjustment, before going back to PDR?

It's not an issue when using CDR6, that's for sure. It's equally not an issue becasue you can apply LUTs directly in PDR16!

Cheers - Tony
Hi Chris -

This has me a bit baffled. You too, no doubt.

I wouldn't be too bothered about how PDR interprets the properties. It is Quicktime MOV format, using MJPEG codec (which is built into QT).

Shadow files, as far as I know, are generated in your designated output folder. I just (temporarily) set the output folder to a USB drive & that's where the shadow files landed. A C-drive with little free space probably isn't the cause, since PDR14 has no issues, but it's not a good state of things in general terms.

Latest patch. Full QT installed. Works fine here. Baffled.

Cheers - Tony
Hi badapple -

Here, PDR15 has no trouble handling clips from the GoPro HERO6 Black, including those shot at the maximum bitrate of 80Mbps.

Admittedly, I've only used short sample clips. Original ones seem hard to come by.

This page has some interesting information about the various recording options and specifications of each. I've come across many examples of where either NLEs or computers have issues with the HEVC H.265 files. I haven't found any samples to test with PDR yet.

Cheers - Tony
Chris -

Do you have the most recent 2313 patch installed? That may make a difference.

Cheers - Tony
You're right too. There's something amiss there.

With my browser maximised, & zoomed to 150%, I used CL Screen Recorder to capture the same page. I had it set on Full Screen on a 1920x1080 monitor.

Screenshots from your capture & mine are attached.

Can you post a screenshot of your settings?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bob -

It's possible, but you'd need to be pretty handy with graphics and animation. I wouldn't say I was, but I've spent a fair bit of time trying! embarassed

Because those templates are for Premiere Pro or After Effects, the actual project files can't be used (of course) BUT many of the animations (not the text) are actually .MOV files with alpha channel - a bit like the animated video overlays (PiP Objects) in PDR. Those .MOV files can be imported into PDR & you can overlay your own text.

I just downloaded one of the free PP templates (Free Quotes) & the included .MOV files imported into PDR with no problems.

Some time back, I did manage to make some simple animated callouts. Here's one of them.

Question is - how much time do you have? laughing

Cheers - Tony
Hi CyberBilly77 -

I'm struggling to see what the issue is. CL Screen Recorder caaptures the screen according to your settings.

If you have a 1920x1080 16:9 screen & that's how you set Screen Recorder, that's what you'll get. If you change the resolution to only record part of the screen, that's what you get. If you unlock aspect ratio and record, you're likely to get odd results in playback because of how players may be set up. Many media players I use can be set to playback a variety of common aspect ratios.

The bottom line is that your final production of the walk-through instructional video will need to meet the requirements of the video player on the website in question. If it has a 16:9 player, which is typical, that's how you should record your screen capture. e.g. because most of my screen captures end up on YouTube, which has a 16:9 player, that's how I record.

Maybe if you give a bit more information or post some screenshots, the problem would be clearer.

Cheers - Tony
Good job Phil!

You're right - renaming of the comp would have made no difference at all. It would have been the combination of the other changes you made.

Whatever it was, save those settings as a render profile. Call it Alpha Render or something. That way you won't have to check your settings each time for similar projects.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers - Tony
Also Rebecca -

Make sure you have the most recent 4207 patch installed for PDR14. It includes a fix for shadow files generated from MJPEG clips (like your BMPCC). That may be part of the problem.

Cheers - Tony
Phil -

Just a couple of thoughts (not mine - a friend of mine had to tap me on the shoulder)...

Do you have the most recent patch for PDR16 installed? 2313? It contains fixes for .MOV compatibility, introduced in a previous beta patch.

Thought #2: If you have shadow files enabled, that would cause the issue you're having. Shadow files are MPEG2, which do not have an alpha channel.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Chris -

It's certainly not an inherent problem with either the 5D MkIV clips or PDR16.

Using some original sample files from that camera, PDR16 was able to import & generate shadow files here (full version of QT is installed).

I had the shadow file resolution set at 1920x1080, but I don't think that would make any difference.

If PDR is saying the files are "broken", that implies either QT or some other codec is missing from your system. The video clips use the MJPEG codec. 4096x2160 @ ~500Mbps.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Rebecca -

I have a number of original sample files from BM cameras, incuding the BMPCC. They all load into PDR14 & playback without a problem. CDR has no issues with them either.

The clips I have from the BMPCC are ProRes 422HQ.

I have QT installed here.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phil -

I don't know what the problem is either (now). All I can do is show you what I did here...

Maybe something in the screen capture will trigger something.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phil -

You've been using AE for almost a week longer than me embarassed Talk about the blind leading the blind!

I think I may have found the issue. When I first rendered, I got the same blue background you mentioned earlier. In your project, when I right clicked on the preview screen & selected Composition Settings I noticed the background colour was blue. After checking some other AE templates, I saw that the alpha templates used black backgrounds.

After switching the background in your project to black, and setting up the render profile, it produced an alpha channel video... which plays back in PDR just as you'd expect.

The modified project & rendered file were going to be attached, but the forum objected. Here's the modified project and here's the rendered file.

Cheers - Tony
Phil -

Could you upload your AE project to a shared file site, like Google Drive? Maybe I (or someone else) can stumble on something if I can play with it.

Cheers - Tony
Hi CacoGrandé -

Maybe you're just getting used to the thing. Have you watched the video tutorial? Once your media is imported into the Media Library, it's available in Video Collage Designer (whether it's in the timeline or not).

These are templates to save time assembling productions. There aren't any keyframe, speed, colour adjustment or titles options in VCD, so you're right. If you wanted each panel to have a particular "look" you'd need to pre-produce those sections first. VCD is a set of (fairly flexible) templates for arranging videos on screen.

There's no "undo" but you can simply overwrite. e.g. drop Clip 1 into a panel - change your mind - drop Clip 2 over it.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phil -

For a start, I'm not an AE user's bootlace! Using the trial version, however, I was able to render a video that imports and plays back in PDR with its alpha channel & without import error.

I did not create the animation, but simply used a pre-made alpha channel video. Attached is a screenshot showing the render settings used in AE. Also attached is the MediaInfo report from the AE rendered video.

This PC has the full QT installed, plus K-Lite codec pack, just so you know. Hope that helps - at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phil -

It looks like you need to install either Quicktime or Quicktime Lite. I'd try the latter first. It should correct the issue.

Also, when you're exporting your MOV file from AE, make sure sure you select RGB+Alpha in the video output options.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phil -

Are you able to export from AE in MOV format? With the right options selected, that would allow PDR to "read" the alpha channel properly.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: