Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
auto-resume not working
sfkushner [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2017 20:26 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I downloaded the trial and like it and would purchase it except the auto-resume doesn't seem to be working at all. It ocassionaly works, but only sometimes and only on the last disk I played. Is this a known bug or something with the trial? Is there anything I can do to try and fix it.

Otherwise, I'd be quite happy with it but I need this to work.

thanks.
sfkushner [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just to update this, it is definitely a bug.

I was watching Cloud Atlas and I stopped it. When I restarted it and clicked on "Movies/TV", Cloud Atlas was selected and there was both a resume and a play button. I used the back arrow to go and check another movie I watching before. I clicked on the (i) for that other movie and both resume and play were present.

Then I used the back arrow to go back and clicked the (i) on Cloud Atlas and the resume was gone!

Cloud Atlas is a blu ray and that seems the difference between the ones that keep the resume and the ones that loose it if I move away.

But resume definitely works with these blu rays because if I don't do anything after I start the program and I click the resume button on the blu ray then the program does resume correctly.

The problem is just the program forgets the resume spot for blu rays if you navigate away from the info window.
sfkushner [Avatar]
[Post New]
The bug is totally reproducable. I took a video of it, if you want to see it.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

It is not a bug, auto-resume for Blu-rays has not been available since version 12 or so. This is because of the use of BD-J, which causes issues with load time on newer discs. I do have one newer disc that I got as a gift, and it has a resume feature in the disc's menu.

You should check if your discs have that. I believe most have this, so no need for PowerDVD to bloat it's software with this feature

Auto-resume does still work for me on some of my older Blu-rays, which is great since I don't buy Blu-rays anymore.

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 13. 2017 03:59

sfkushner [Avatar]
[Post New]
Naw, it is a bug. The auto-resume works with the blu ray for a while but then powerdvd just forgets about it. It is reproducible with a blu ray where auto resume definitely works.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Naw, it is a bug. The auto-resume works with the blu ray for a while but then powerdvd just forgets about it. It is reproducible with a blu ray where auto resume definitely works.

Cloud Atlas is a 2013 title, and it seems has special features in addition to main movie.

I think it is a BDJ movie, and the software player cannot perform resume feature at player side.
It's good if this title has its own resume feature on movie menu, otherwise, there will be no resume capability.

However, you insist it's a bug. How about check other company's comment
http://www.samsung.com/za/support/skp/faq/1038778

Online discussion
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bluray/comments/2r1uwp/why_dont_all_bluray_discs_have_a_resume_feature/

By the way, I don't think it's easy to find a BD title that does not use BDJ currently unless it's a very old title released decade ago.
sfkushner [Avatar]
[Post New]
well, the thing is, resume works on it. Perfectly. It is just that the UI botton sometimes goes away.