Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 17 + Screen Recorder...
PaulF22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2012 19:54 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone... noob question for the 4th of July here!

I'm going to update from PowerDVD 15 to 17 and see that it comes with a Screen Recorder.

Can this be used to record the playback of my Blu-rays so that I can store my movies on my PC HD?

Thanks!

Paul
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Paul,

PowerDVD does not have the screen recorder. That feature is in PowerDirector only:

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/compare-versions_en_US.html
PaulF22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2012 19:54 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Paul,

PowerDVD does not have the screen recorder. That feature is in PowerDirector only:

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/compare-versions_en_US.html

Hi Jets2011

I guess it must be a special offer. please see the two attachments.

The first is the "offer," and the second shows the products in the shopping cart.

So, would the Recorder allow me to capture the playback of my BD's and store them on my HD?

Thanks

Paul
[Thumb - PowerDVD + Screen Recorder in Cart.JPG]
 Filename
PowerDVD + Screen Recorder in Cart.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDVD + Screen Recorder added to Cart
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)
[Thumb - PowerDVD + Screen Recorder.JPG]
 Filename
PowerDVD + Screen Recorder.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDVD + Screen Recorder
 Filesize
56 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
50 time(s)
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
I do not think so. BD picture is protected and you can't even make simple screenshots - or at least this was true in previous editions of PowerDVD. The offer you are talking about is just a software bundle, two products for one price. It does not mean PowerDVD has a built-in capturing feature. .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
pediapet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2017 00:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
great info, thanks