Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Work With Dual Monitors?
markmiller78
Newbie Location: Indianapolis Indiana Joined: Jan 01, 2016 15:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded my PowerDVD from 15 to 17 this week.I recently moved to a Dell Laptop Inspiron 7559. I am using a "directlink" dock and am using two ASUS monitors.

When I try to play a Bluray, I get an error message saying dual monitors are not supported.

I purchased the software last week from the Cyberlink store. I did not see any restrictions in the product description regarding a limitation in two-monitor set-ups.

Does anyone know if PowerDVD 17 [a] has the restriction on two-monitors and/or [b] can it be fixed by changing settings? If PowerDVD17 will, indeed, not support dual monitors, is there recommended that does? FYI, VLC doesn't work. Mark C. Miller
Indianapolis Indiana
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mark,

Yes PowerDVD can play Blu-rays in a dual monitor setup, but you need to use extend display mode in Windows (press Windows key and the P).

I am not familiar with your setup, i.e. "directlink" dock, but the monitor on the extended display needs to be connected via the following, according to the help:

"an HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, D-Sub connection."

Dave