Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Do you have any video examples of what you used to do? Not sure what you mean by make a cube. Any old vids on YouTube?
Dolby Atmos is not supported by PowerDVD, so it won't work for media files played in the program unfortunately.

Dave
Hi,

Your only option is to buy PowerDVD. You maybe paid $1 for PowerDVD 9, which lastest you over 6 years. That's definitely getting your money's worth. Problem is Sony probably stopped paying for the free updates you were getting to play the latest BDs over those years.

Unfortunately this is the world of Blu-rays and content protection from the movie studios. We the consumer have to pay to continue watching, and we like to take out our frustrations on the middle men (Sony and CL).

Dave
Most likely it's other things that need updating too. Have you updated your GPU driver to the latest version. People always seem to forget this, but it is part of it.

If that doesn't work, attach your DXDiag file as outlined in the "read me before posting" so users can do more than just guess.

Dave

What is the limited number of installs on a single PowerDVD18 Ultra license ? I am guessing 5 or 6 ?

I have no idea. I don't think CyberLink makes that information public. But it is probably pretty close to your guess, to allow for reinstallations for computers crashes, etc.
Hi,
Yes you can do that. Just be aware that there is a limited number of times you can activate the software. But this shouldn't be a problem at all if you install it on your PC now, and then use the key to install it on the new computer in a year or so.

Dave
Hello,

Yes that quality limitation is correct. What you seem to be missing is the limitation of DVD video. When you burn any video to a DVD for playback on a DVD player, there is a quality limitation because it is an older format. DVD video is MPEG-2 video and is not HD video. If you are burning 4K video, you are losing a lot of quality by doing it this way. Here is a reference that is similar to your question:

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/22168/is-it-possible-to-master-a-dvd-with-720hd-high-definition-video

How are you viewing the file? On a DVD player or a computer with a DVD player connected to a TV? What I suggest you to do is burn the MP4 file to a data disc. Maybe your DVD player will recognize the MP4 file, depending on how old it is.

What I do is just put the MP4 file on a USB stick, which plugs right into my TV. This ensures the quality is high.

Dave
Hi,
My recordings with version 2 are as expected and look great at 1080p. I just tested again and didn't see what you see.

I doubt Screen Recorder is the issue, but rather your GPU is having issue recording, especially during moments with lots of motion. First try updating your GPU driver to the latest version...from the web site. You should also generate your DXDiag.txt file and post it here so other users can better help you. You can find the info on how to do that in the readme:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77500.page#post_box_317212

If you want to record your game play, better to upgrade to Screen Recorder 4 so you can do it directly in record Game mode. This may record the game more smoothly, again depending on your GPU. You can also custom set the bitrate in version 4 for your recordings. You can try the trial version first to see if it helps.

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/screen-recorder/specs_en_US.html

Dave

The Window updates seemed to work, Thank you very much for your help.

It seemed that since installing Windows about 3 months ago (Winows 7 Ulltimate) I turned off updates and never had bothered with them due to some previous problems with wimdows updates before.

THank you guys again. And I am sorry for being a bit of a dick before as my unstable mental and emotional state and impulsiveness is hard to control.

No problem...just glad it worked out for ya.
Take care
Dave
Hi,

PowerDVD 18 can play Ultra HD Blu-rays, it's your computer that can't. Let's be clear.

Your subject says "Ultra Blu-ray", so to quickly answer your question based on the specs provided, Windows 10 is required to play UHD Blu-rays.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144

Dave
Hi,

You are asking a very basic question. You can check out this tutorial that explains producing quite clearly for beginners. It is for version 17, but the process is the same:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77733.page#post_box_318373

Dave
Hi,

Drag it to the timeline...then use Split or Trim to cut out what you don't want. Then you need to Produce your edits to apply your changes.

Dave
Quote Had same problem,after octoder update was ok and was able to watch youtube music videos. Then about 2 weeks later i could not and still cannot. If we do not have that ability then they should stop advertising that powerdvd 18 or 17 play youtube videos. It was one of the reasons i purchased powerdvd.

Hi.

There is a new patch that fixes this. I just tried it and it works. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

This happens because YouTube keeps changing their API, which means it breaks the connection for programs that use it, like PowerDVD.

Dave
Hello,

You can find stuff like this on DirectorZone. That's what it is there for:

https://directorzone.cyberlink.com

You may need to alter your "vision" based on what is available, but you should also take your time and search through them all thoroughly. If you search for "film, click on PiP Objects, you'll see some are animated and some are not. For example this one is:

https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/104793

But if you use it, it might not be as long as you wanted it and you will have to use keyframes to overlay the videos/images over the numbers.

Anyway, hope that helps. Get creative, it is the fun part of video editing!

Dave
Hi,
It doesn't work on Apple TV either. I guess it is not supported. Maybe reply to them and ask them to add in future version.

Dave
Hello,

I would think that once the video is passed to Fire TV, Fire TV would handle the subtitle settings. But I may be wrong. Are there any such settings with these devices?

I don't have either of those devices, so I can test. Will try on my Apple TV later if I remember.

Maybe ask customer support to confirm?

Dave
Hello,

Using the limited information you provided, i.e. just your symptoms, it is most likley an issue with your PC, specifically your GPU or with hardware acceleration. But we can't be sure because you did not provide the information requested from all users who post issues:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65589.page

Dave
Hi,

There seems to be a lot of issues with Facebook API, which you can see with the constant reference in the patch updates. I see you have the latest Screen Recorder 3 patch update installed.

FYI, it is working fine for me with my Facebook stream with version 3. My suggestion would be that you reinstall Screen Recorder and then try again. If it still doesn't work, contact Cyberlink tech support.

Dave
Hello,

Not really that big a deal, as you can easily turn that off in Preferences. Did you even look? Just go to Player Settings > General and then deselect "Check for product update information".

That feature is mainly there to inform uses about patch updates, which is important when they are needed for BD playback. Not surprised that a company encourages you to upgrade as well. But whatever, you have the choice to turn them off. Just come to the forum to check for patch updates.

The colour issues you mentioned are probably not fully on the PowerDVD side. Rarely have I ever read this complaint here. More to do with optimizing it with your graphics card. Why don't you follow the forum's suggestions and post info about your setup so other users can help you.

Dave
Hi,
You are saying that your computer is connected your TV via an HDMI cable? That is not "streaming", but OK.

I actually think this is a Windows settings you are looking for, not a PowerDVD setting. Try changing your diplay mode to Duplicate Display I believe.

Dave
Hi,

I just tested with a bunch of my older files, and found that all of my MKV files play with subtitles without issue. However, for an AVI file I have, I had to drag and drop the subtitle file on the UI to get it working. I mentioned that in the first post, but you never indicated whether you tried it or not. Can you try dragging and dropping the subtitle file on the video once the video is playing?

I don't have any MP4 files here to try it out unfortunately, but will try later at home.

Dave
Go to: