Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 18 Ultra Blu Ray
bobrpggamer@gmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Fairfield CA Joined: Dec 13, 2018 13:23 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have no Idea why such a well reviewed and good piece of sotware (I have back to PoweDVD 9) could not just load a Blu Ray disk I rented from Netflix.

I get loading till about 30 - 60% and stops the process.

here are some specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/13/2018, 05:19:07
Machine name: BASIC-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Elite 7100 Microtower PC
BIOS: 03/23/10 12:05:01 Ver: 5.14
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3960MB RAM
Page File: 5378MB used, 2538MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PowerDVD 18 Ultra @ latest update.

Would it be possible to downgrade to PowerDVD 17 or 15 keeping this key as a new key for my PowerDVD 18.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2018 13:43

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

PowerDVD 18 can play Ultra HD Blu-rays, it's your computer that can't. Let's be clear.

Your subject says "Ultra Blu-ray", so to quickly answer your question based on the specs provided, Windows 10 is required to play UHD Blu-rays.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144

Dave
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Have you ever installed any auto Windows updates on your Windows 7?
Are you not afraid of any hijacking rootkit or malware that might intrude your PC?
Update your Windows 7 service pack 1 to the latest version with all security and compatibility update from microsoft.

I believe you had received some errors while installing powerdvd18, and you just ignored it.

powerdvd blu-ray playback feature requires the PC support higher SHA-256 security, and windows 7 won't get that security feature without windows system updates.

After updated your pretty intact windows 7, reinstall powerdvd 18 again, and then check the blu-ray playback.
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

PowerDVD 18 can play Ultra HD Blu-rays, it's your computer that can't. Let's be clear.

Your subject says "Ultra Blu-ray", so to quickly answer your question based on the specs provided, Windows 10 is required to play UHD Blu-rays.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144

Dave

Hey thanks for the reply but I meant the Ultra version of powerDVD if they still use the best version as being PowerDVD 15 Ultra and PowerDVD 17 Ultra.

I have no Idea what a Bu ray ultra disk would even be, I just use 1080p Blu Ray disks.

Also I cannot run them on my Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit computer either.
[Post New]
Quote Have you ever installed any auto Windows updates on your Windows 7?
Are you not afraid of any hijacking rootkit or malware that might intrude your PC?
Update your Windows 7 service pack 1 to the latest version with all security and compatibility update from microsoft.

I believe you had received some errors while installing powerdvd18, and you just ignored it.

powerdvd blu-ray playback feature requires the PC support higher SHA-256 security, and windows 7 won't get that security feature without windows system updates.

After updated your pretty intact windows 7, reinstall powerdvd 18 again, and then check the blu-ray playback.

I will try this thank you
[Post New]
Quote Have you ever installed any auto Windows updates on your Windows 7?

The Window updates seemed to work, Thank you very much for your help.

It seemed that since installing Windows about 3 months ago (Winows 7 Ulltimate) I turned off updates and never had bothered with them due to some previous problems with wimdows updates before.

THank you guys again. And I am sorry for being a bit of a dick before as my unstable mental and emotional state and impulsiveness is hard to control.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]

The Window updates seemed to work, Thank you very much for your help.

It seemed that since installing Windows about 3 months ago (Winows 7 Ulltimate) I turned off updates and never had bothered with them due to some previous problems with wimdows updates before.

THank you guys again. And I am sorry for being a bit of a dick before as my unstable mental and emotional state and impulsiveness is hard to control.

No problem...just glad it worked out for ya.
Take care
Dave