CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looking to buy PowerDVD18 on CDRom, and have a question....
Reply to this topic
Sazhori [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 13, 2018 04:50 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
My main thing is, yes I plan on buying a phyisical copy of PowerDVD18 Ultra off Amazon brand new. But my question stems fro mthe fact that it is a SINGLE license, is it possible to move said license to a new computer down the road ? {I plan on getting a new machine at some point either late next year or the winter/spring of 2020}

If/when {more like when} I get my new laptop/desk top, is it possible to move the software off one machine to the other ? Or am I stuck with it on one machine only ?
[Post New]
Hi,
Yes you can do that. Just be aware that there is a limited number of times you can activate the software. But this shouldn't be a problem at all if you install it on your PC now, and then use the key to install it on the new computer in a year or so.

Dave
Sazhori [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 13, 2018 04:50 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
Yes you can do that. Just be aware that there is a limited number of times you can activate the software. But this shouldn't be a problem at all if you install it on your PC now, and then use the key to install it on the new computer in a year or so.

Dave

Oh good, thank you! I still have my old copy of PowerDVD5 on my old laptop befvore my sound issues on that machine started, then the same sound issues {though this time software related} occured and I had to end up using the demo of PowerDVD18

This helps ease my mind, I was only able to migrate the software {PowerDVD5} 6 times each to a new machine in order {desktop to laptop to my last machine} So to be able to do this with the most recent version of the software is wonderful.

However,

What is the limited number of installs on a single PowerDVD18 Ultra license ? I am guessing 5 or 6 ?
[Post New]

What is the limited number of installs on a single PowerDVD18 Ultra license ? I am guessing 5 or 6 ?

I have no idea. I don't think CyberLink makes that information public. But it is probably pretty close to your guess, to allow for reinstallations for computers crashes, etc.
Reply to this topic