Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Streaming with HDMI to TV but no picture on laptop screen
Lani007 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: WVU Joined: Oct 21, 2018 20:28 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Using PowerDVD 18

im using HDMI and PC mode to stream movies to TV. Works great but I want the display on laptop to show what I'm watching as well
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
You are saying that your computer is connected your TV via an HDMI cable? That is not "streaming", but OK.

I actually think this is a Windows settings you are looking for, not a PowerDVD setting. Try changing your diplay mode to Duplicate Display I believe.

Dave
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Were you streaming videos to TV via network connection, or just using the "play to" (stream to TV) option?
It is expected that the streaming will not use both of the screens to display the video, but leave your PC screen for you to do other stuffs.

If you just want both of screens to play the same video simultaneously, how about project your windows desktop to TV under duplicate screen mode?
Use "[Windows] + P" keyboard hotkeys to switch the display mode of your laptop.

Note that the DRM blu-ray playback is not compatible with this screen copying mode.
Lani007 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: WVU Joined: Oct 21, 2018 20:28 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
You are saying that your computer is connected your TV via an HDMI cable? That is not "streaming", but OK.

I actually think this is a Windows settings you are looking for, not a PowerDVD setting. Try changing your diplay mode to Duplicate Display I believe.

Dave

Sorry, I stream from ecxternal hard drives is what I meant to say.

I have it on duplicate mode, that was the first thing I checked