Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi TOF,

To get the SR number of PowerDVD, you may launch PowerDVD directly, and click the "PowerDVD" string icon in the main program window to open the About version page. (The icon is usually at top left side of the main window.)

You can find SR number of your PowerDVD version on the About page.

Greetings,
Chuck
Quote Hello

I have bought Powerdvd 16 ultra for the specific task of playing 4K Hevc

CyberLink_PowerDVD16_Ultra_DVD161012-01

But Im getting this error message when trying to play an 4K HEVC file.

"cyberlink powerdvd cannot play this media file because some components have not yet been activated via the internet."

I did activate Powerdvd 16 tonight when i purchased it and got an Ok activation answer. I can also access the you tube content within the program so i have internet connection.

I have also deleted the cache files under appdata C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\cache as i saw someone on hre recommend another user with the same problem. I the uninstall the program without saving my previous settings and the rebooted and installed the program again. With the same result when trying to play these movies.

But when i rstart Powerdvd i get same error message when i`m trying to play the file. I have tried 5-10 different movies but all with the same result.

Please help.

br

Hi Linsan1,

For the product feature activation problem, it is closely related to product key and product license validation with your PowerDVD purchase.

As the public forum is for program experience sharing, for your case, I suggest you to contact CyberLink support for further assistance:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Greetings,
Chuck
Quote I have Powerdvd 16 with windows 10. Whenever I play a blu-ray disc it works fine for a while. If I stop playback and resume the video becomes choppy and the sound cuts out. If I reboot my PC it works fine for a while until I stop playback and attempt to resume. Is there a fix for this?

Hi starwhite1965,

For general cases, you may check your graphic driver updates from graphic vendors support page (Intel, nVidia, AMD) to keep the latest Windows 10 compatibility on your platform.

And then, check the playback condition with PowerDVD again.

If condition persists after driver updates, I suggest you go to CyberLink support to check the problems that happened on certain platform.

Sincerely,
Chuck
Quote Hello, sorry for my broken English, really like your product, tell whether it is possible to see someday technology MSU Deinterlacer and madVR - high quality video renderer in your video player?

Hi Motronenko,

Thanks for your appreciation of PowerDVD.
Currently, PowerDVD applies its own video renderer and de-interlacer for video playback, but not supports other 3rd-party de-interlacer.

I've forwarded your suggestion to our product team for as feature reference.
Thanks for your feedback.

Sincerely,
Chuck
Hi Levi5,

PowerDVD 16 Ultra/Pro version supports to play back BD-Live content of commercial Blu-ray movies.

You may download the trial version to check the feature before making any purchase.
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd-ultra/download.html

Greetings,
Chueck
Quote So,

It works on headphones when I disable the system speakers and manualy switch the output in PowerDVD to 'Headphones'

Odd, and rather annoying that it is this way. Any Ideas?

Hi Armitage,

Thanks for your updates, as the symptom you described, it seems the audio device did not properly switch to external headphone output after plugged-in.

By testing at my side, I cannot reproduce the same condition with PowerDVD 16 on my PC, but I think it is possibly related to the communication between PowerDVD 16 and audio device/sound blaster's driver of your PC.

I may try the audio driver update or reinstallation for self-troubleshooting.

FYI
Greetings,
Chuck
Quote Hello,

I'm using Powershell to install PowerDVD 16 silently, everything works well except the CD-key is asked when the application is first opened.

I have noticed in the Rarsfx1 folder (the installation folder) a custom.ini file. One of the lines in it is MyCDKey=

I added our CD key in it then retried the installation but the only difference it makes is that it will automatically write the CD-Key but it will still require the user to activate it.

How can I activate the software directly from the installation?

thanks a lot!

Hi Huntech,

PowerDVD 16 needs product key for product activation when the program launch.
The product activation does NOT support to enter the product key automatically/silently no matter it is during installation phase or after installation.

You are advised to enter the product key manually to activate PowerDVD.

Greetings,
Chuck
Thanks for the reply and season GREETINGS

ASRock claims the flowing about their Beebox S Kaby Lake:

"Smooth and ultra high resolution 4K@60Hz 10-bit playback on HDMI and DisplayPort"

I have 4K resolution file HEVC (Main10@L6.1@Main) that was suturing when played by PDVD 16 with Beebox (Intel® Core i5-7200U(3M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz).

Intel also claims that Kaby Lake CPU has built in instructions to enhance 4K HEVC decoding and smooth 4K playback.

PDVD 16 could play the file (BARELY) with NVidia 1070 with 8GB RAM and iCore 7 4790K.

That’s is the reason I asked the question if PDVD 16 support Kaby Lake CPU instructions yet!

Hi DELTAXX,

By the current information, you played a 10 bit (Main10) encoded HEVC video.
PowerDVD 16 will play the 10-bit HEVC encoded video as software (CPU) decoding mode.

For your reference, if the video is 8-bit color depth encoded, it can be played as hardware (GPU) decoding mode with PowerDVD 16 that has higher playback efficiency if your GPU supports.

As you got playback problem when playing back certain HEVC video, I may suggest you to contact CyberLink support by submitting the video you tried.

Happy New Year,
Chuck
Quote Hi,

Purchased PowerDVD16 yesterday, immediately had this issue. No problems with audio without headphones plugged in, DVD's and BluRay will play sound over my laptops speakers. Tried MP3's and they played over headphones no problem through PowerDVD.

When I plug in my headphones my laptop asks what ive just plugged in. Options are 'HiFi Headphones', 'Speaker Out', or 'S/PDIF Out'. Does not change if I select any of those options. I have tried playing with every audio setting available, to no avail. With the audio output in the Settings menu on 'Use system Default', I get no audio with headphones. If I switch that output setting to 'Headphones', sound will start playing out of the system speakers.

I'm at a loss, all my drivers are up to date, and so is PowerDVD. Purchased because it was reviewed as the best by multiple sites, but so far I'm not happy with my purchase.

System Specs:

Windows 10 Home x64 Build 14393

MSI GS63VR 6RF

i7, nvidia gtx1060, 32 GB Ram, 1+ TB Storage

External BD/DVD Drive - Pioneer BDR-XD05S through USB 3.0

Appreciate any help, I have a dxDiag file I can pull info from if needed.

Edit: Also already have a support claim in.

Hi Armitage,

As the condition happened after plugged the headphone, I think the below quesitons can be helpful to sort out the problem you encountered.

-- What is the connection type of your headphone? (3.5mm jack, USB...)
-- Do you use any intermediate between PC and audio device to connect your headphone/speaker? (e.g. A/V receiver, DAC device)
-- After plugging the headphone, do you disconnect the original speakers previously connected to laptop?
-- Do you try adjusting the PowerDVD audio setting by switching to other speaker options (e.g. 2 speaker, Use S/PDIF, etc.)?

As you has already contacted CyberLink support, do you have support ticket ID (CS00XXXXX) for reference?
I may also check the progress with our support team.

Greetings,
Chuck
Quote Hi,

This concerns 'View Movie Information'

The small circular icon to the bottom right of each movie main icon is greyed out and when clicked, displays a page with no additional information.

I have tried toggling the option to have information, in the preferences section, on and off

I have left PowerDVD 16 running for days

I have clicked the 'refresh' icon mnay, many times

I am logged in and auto signed in to the Cyberlink site and have Movie Info Features ticked.

Is there a way to force an update or manually add these data?

Thanks

Hi Shedza,

PowerDVD 16 retrieves the online movie information from MoovieLive.com, and it does NOT support the direct editing on each movie info's field.
But, you can set the movie cover manually by right-clcking the title in movie library, and select "Set Cover Art" to choose a local image file as custom movie cover.

For the movie info page does not show up condition, I've forwarded the problem you got to our product team.
To get timely informing of the investigation progress from our product team, I suggest you go to CyberLink support to get official contact.

Greetings
Chuck
Quote Hello,

When will PDVD 16 support Kaby Lake CPU which will include 4K UHD ?

Hi DELTAXX,

PowerDVD 16 supports 4K resolution's video file playback with software (CPU) decoding.
But, PowerDVD 16 does NOT support the Ultra HD Blu-ray movie playback no matter the CPU model (Kaby Lake) user applied.

You may refer to our statement:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/48416.page

Ultra HD Blu-ray movie (UHD-BD) requires all related software/hardware (OS, CPU/GPU/ODD/Display device, Connection cable, etc) supports the UHD-BD requirements for PC platform.

The information that "When or whether to supports the feature" is not available at current early development phase.
Our product team is currently working on the feature development with our partners in PC industry.

Thanks for your report and concerns.

Greetings,
Chuck
Quote When I play an Atmos encoded video PowerDVD16 reports it 'does not suport the playback of this media format'.

When I :

1 - Change the Audio setting to 'PCM decoded by PowerDVD'

2 - Start the video

3 - Change the Audio setting to 'non-decoded DD/DTS'

4 - Change the Audio setting to 'non-decoded high-def audio to ext'

then the video play's with Atmos to my receiver.

When stopping the video and restarting I have to go thru steps 1-4 again. If I skip step 3 then the output remains in PCM.

DTS:X has no problem.

I have reinstalled PowerDVD - problem stay's.

How to solve this problem ?

Thx ... jef

Hi JefDC,

PowerDVD 16 supports Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master 7.1ch audio playback, but it does NOT support Dolby ATMOS nor DTS-X surround sound audio. The non-decoded audio bitstream is not guaranteed, either.

You may check the feature list of PowerDVD 16:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/compare-versions.html

It would be downsampled to Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus or DTS-HD Master/DTS audio depending on whether your video file encoding includes. The PCM decoded is not a Dolby ATMOS decoded with PowerDVD.

I also forwarded the audio support suggesiton to our product team as feature development reference.
Thanks for your report.

Be noted for public reference, for Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master audio content playback, the related audio device (sound blaster, audio connection interface, A/V receiver, speakers, etc.) user connected must support the surround sound audio format in advance to ensure the playback compatibility.

Greetings,
Chuck
Quote I'm not finding much, if anything, to be impressed about with this new PowerDVD16 purchase. Earlier I posted about hearing an unwanted reverb being added to videos I'd produced myself. Then I discovered that turning off the so-called "True Theater" audio fixed that problem.

Now, by comparing playback both in PowerDVD and the great VLC media player, I see that PowerDVD definitely adds a jerky, drop-frame look to playback. Playing the same videos in VLC - perfectly smooth. I tried turning off the Video portion of "True Theater," but that didn't change the jerky playback.

How PowerDVD is any kind of improvement over things I already had is completely escaping me.

Randy B.

Hi rbowser,

There are various factors that may affect the video playback condition.

What format of video files you played back have this problem? (MP4, MKV, M2TS)
Any video encoding info can be shared to us for further diagnosis? (H.264, HEVC, MPEG2, color depth, chroma subsampling)
DxDiag is also helpful for PC platform checking.

How to get DxDiag:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=6310

You may also get graphic driver updates from your GPU vendor (Intel/nVidia/AMD) support page to check if it help the playback problem with PowerDVD.

Beside of that, for the problem under certain platform, I recommend you to directly contact the customer support:

Greetings,
Chuck
Quote power dvd and power to go latestest copys wont take my year i was born to registar sent all the info into to cyberlink still no reply to just resent

Hi swordfish944,

Do you try entering the date format as MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. 12/21/2016) as instead in the registration form?

If the above example doesn't help your case, I recommend you to directly contact the customer support:

Greetings,
Chuck
Hi DATAVIEWER,

It seems you have a Windows 10 hybrid Intel + NVIDIA VGA platform.

PowerDVD supports video and movie playback feature under both Intel and NVIDIA VGA platform.

But, the right/access to launch programs with certain graphic processor is managed by graphic processor's hardware driver exclusively.

It could be the restriction from the hardware side.

You may consult the VGA vendor for further technical information/support.

Greetings
Chuck
Hi DaveF,

You can find the Facebook login at PowerDVD Movies/TV library -> Home page (By clicking the home page button) -> Click "Sign in" at the right side of movie info home page.

And then, check the Facebook login to MoovieLive in PowerDVD.

Greetings
Chuck
Hi Lynndel,

Are you talking about the Amazon Video - online digital movies subscription/streaming service?
Currently, PowerDVD 16 doesn't support Amazon Video online digital movie streaming.

You may consult Amazon Video support for the needs.

Greetings
Chuck
Hi mommyx6kids1977,

Commercial Blu-ray movies have native digital content protection which doesn't allow related screen or video capture feature during the playback.

Therefore, the video snapshot feature of PowerDVD is not available for the Blu-ray movies playback.

Greetings
Chuck
Hi miguel2016,

If your are talking about Power Media Player for Android mobile version, it doesn't support subtitle playback during DLNA streaming.

Greetings,
Chuck
Hi MartinL,

In previous mention, the HDCP verification would check display device connection status.

What cable you used to connect PC and A/V receiver previously?
Are there any splitters or adapters applied on connection port or cable?

The adapters or splitters could possibly let HDCP verification failed.

If condition persists after above check, you may contact our technical support for further help at current stage.
Go to: