Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 16 when resuming a Blu-ray choppy video no sound
[Post New]
I have Powerdvd 16 with windows 10. Whenever I play a blu-ray disc it works fine for a while. If I stop playback and resume the video becomes choppy and the sound cuts out. If I reboot my PC it works fine for a while until I stop playback and attempt to resume. Is there a fix for this?
[Post New]
Quote I have Powerdvd 16 with windows 10. Whenever I play a blu-ray disc it works fine for a while. If I stop playback and resume the video becomes choppy and the sound cuts out. If I reboot my PC it works fine for a while until I stop playback and attempt to resume. Is there a fix for this?

Hi starwhite1965,

For general cases, you may check your graphic driver updates from graphic vendors support page (Intel, nVidia, AMD) to keep the latest Windows 10 compatibility on your platform.

And then, check the playback condition with PowerDVD again.

If condition persists after driver updates, I suggest you go to CyberLink support to check the problems that happened on certain platform.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Sincerely,
Chuck
[Post New]
Dear Chuck, The problem has Zero to do with graphics driver updates. I solved my problem by disabling 'hardware acceleration' within PowerDVD 16. As near as I can guess PowerDVD 16 is not fully compatible with Windows 10.

Quote I have Powerdvd 16 with windows 10. Whenever I play a blu-ray disc it works fine for a while. If I stop playback and resume the video becomes choppy and the sound cuts out. If I reboot my PC it works fine for a while until I stop playback and attempt to resume. Is there a fix for this?

Hi starwhite1965,

For general cases, you may check your graphic driver updates from graphic vendors support page (Intel, nVidia, AMD) to keep the latest Windows 10 compatibility on your platform.

And then, check the playback condition with PowerDVD again.

If condition persists after driver updates, I suggest you go to CyberLink support to check the problems that happened on certain platform.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

Sincerely,
Chuck