Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Weird problem when playing Atmos encoded video
JefDC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2016 08:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
When I play an Atmos encoded video PowerDVD16 reports it 'does not suport the playback of this media format'.

When I :

1 - Change the Audio setting to 'PCM decoded by PowerDVD'

2 - Start the video

3 - Change the Audio setting to 'non-decoded DD/DTS'

4 - Change the Audio setting to 'non-decoded high-def audio to ext'

then the video play's with Atmos to my receiver.

When stopping the video and restarting I have to go thru steps 1-4 again. If I skip step 3 then the output remains in PCM.

DTS:X has no problem.

I have reinstalled PowerDVD - problem stay's.

How to solve this problem ?

Thx ... jef

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2016 13:01

[Post New]
Quote When I play an Atmos encoded video PowerDVD16 reports it 'does not suport the playback of this media format'.

When I :

1 - Change the Audio setting to 'PCM decoded by PowerDVD'

2 - Start the video

3 - Change the Audio setting to 'non-decoded DD/DTS'

4 - Change the Audio setting to 'non-decoded high-def audio to ext'

then the video play's with Atmos to my receiver.

When stopping the video and restarting I have to go thru steps 1-4 again. If I skip step 3 then the output remains in PCM.

DTS:X has no problem.

I have reinstalled PowerDVD - problem stay's.

How to solve this problem ?

Thx ... jef

Hi JefDC,

PowerDVD 16 supports Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master 7.1ch audio playback, but it does NOT support Dolby ATMOS nor DTS-X surround sound audio. The non-decoded audio bitstream is not guaranteed, either.

You may check the feature list of PowerDVD 16:
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/compare-versions.html

It would be downsampled to Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Digital Plus or DTS-HD Master/DTS audio depending on whether your video file encoding includes. The PCM decoded is not a Dolby ATMOS decoded with PowerDVD.

I also forwarded the audio support suggesiton to our product team as feature development reference.
Thanks for your report.

Be noted for public reference, for Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master audio content playback, the related audio device (sound blaster, audio connection interface, A/V receiver, speakers, etc.) user connected must support the surround sound audio format in advance to ensure the playback compatibility.

Greetings,
Chuck
JefDC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2016 08:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the reply.

I hope the 2017 version will support the Dolby Atmos and DTS:X formats.

Best regards ... jef

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 25. 2016 16:02