Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No audio with headphones plugged in, BluRay and DVD only.
Armitage [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2016 20:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Purchased PowerDVD16 yesterday, immediately had this issue. No problems with audio without headphones plugged in, DVD's and BluRay will play sound over my laptops speakers. Tried MP3's and they played over headphones no problem through PowerDVD.

When I plug in my headphones my laptop asks what ive just plugged in. Options are 'HiFi Headphones', 'Speaker Out', or 'S/PDIF Out'. Does not change if I select any of those options. I have tried playing with every audio setting available, to no avail. With the audio output in the Settings menu on 'Use system Default', I get no audio with headphones. If I switch that output setting to 'Headphones', sound will start playing out of the system speakers.

I'm at a loss, all my drivers are up to date, and so is PowerDVD. Purchased because it was reviewed as the best by multiple sites, but so far I'm not happy with my purchase.

System Specs:

Windows 10 Home x64 Build 14393

MSI GS63VR 6RF

i7, nvidia gtx1060, 32 GB Ram, 1+ TB Storage

External BD/DVD Drive - Pioneer BDR-XD05S through USB 3.0

Appreciate any help, I have a dxDiag file I can pull info from if needed.

Edit: Also already have a support claim in.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 27. 2016 21:42

[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Purchased PowerDVD16 yesterday, immediately had this issue. No problems with audio without headphones plugged in, DVD's and BluRay will play sound over my laptops speakers. Tried MP3's and they played over headphones no problem through PowerDVD.

When I plug in my headphones my laptop asks what ive just plugged in. Options are 'HiFi Headphones', 'Speaker Out', or 'S/PDIF Out'. Does not change if I select any of those options. I have tried playing with every audio setting available, to no avail. With the audio output in the Settings menu on 'Use system Default', I get no audio with headphones. If I switch that output setting to 'Headphones', sound will start playing out of the system speakers.

I'm at a loss, all my drivers are up to date, and so is PowerDVD. Purchased because it was reviewed as the best by multiple sites, but so far I'm not happy with my purchase.

System Specs:

Windows 10 Home x64 Build 14393

MSI GS63VR 6RF

i7, nvidia gtx1060, 32 GB Ram, 1+ TB Storage

External BD/DVD Drive - Pioneer BDR-XD05S through USB 3.0

Appreciate any help, I have a dxDiag file I can pull info from if needed.

Edit: Also already have a support claim in.

Hi Armitage,

As the condition happened after plugged the headphone, I think the below quesitons can be helpful to sort out the problem you encountered.

-- What is the connection type of your headphone? (3.5mm jack, USB...)
-- Do you use any intermediate between PC and audio device to connect your headphone/speaker? (e.g. A/V receiver, DAC device)
-- After plugging the headphone, do you disconnect the original speakers previously connected to laptop?
-- Do you try adjusting the PowerDVD audio setting by switching to other speaker options (e.g. 2 speaker, Use S/PDIF, etc.)?

As you has already contacted CyberLink support, do you have support ticket ID (CS00XXXXX) for reference?
I may also check the progress with our support team.

Greetings,
Chuck
Armitage [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chuck

It's just a standard 3.5mm jack. It doesn't go through any intermediate device, just plugged right in. And I do not disconnect the speakers, as they are built in, nor do I disable them. And yes I have tried changing the speaker settings, but it didn't change anything.

The reference number for the support ticket is CS001695262.

I will note that I did post these about the same time.
Armitage [Avatar]
[Post New]
So,

It works on headphones when I disable the system speakers and manualy switch the output in PowerDVD to 'Headphones'

Odd, and rather annoying that it is this way. Any Ideas?
[Post New]
Quote So,

It works on headphones when I disable the system speakers and manualy switch the output in PowerDVD to 'Headphones'

Odd, and rather annoying that it is this way. Any Ideas?

Hi Armitage,

Thanks for your updates, as the symptom you described, it seems the audio device did not properly switch to external headphone output after plugged-in.

By testing at my side, I cannot reproduce the same condition with PowerDVD 16 on my PC, but I think it is possibly related to the communication between PowerDVD 16 and audio device/sound blaster's driver of your PC.

I may try the audio driver update or reinstallation for self-troubleshooting.

FYI
Greetings,
Chuck