Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 16 Automatic CD-Key Activation
Huntech [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2016 13:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm using Powershell to install PowerDVD 16 silently, everything works well except the CD-key is asked when the application is first opened.

I have noticed in the Rarsfx1 folder (the installation folder) a custom.ini file. One of the lines in it is MyCDKey=

I added our CD key in it then retried the installation but the only difference it makes is that it will automatically write the CD-Key but it will still require the user to activate it.

How can I activate the software directly from the installation?

thanks a lot!
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I'm using Powershell to install PowerDVD 16 silently, everything works well except the CD-key is asked when the application is first opened.

I have noticed in the Rarsfx1 folder (the installation folder) a custom.ini file. One of the lines in it is MyCDKey=

I added our CD key in it then retried the installation but the only difference it makes is that it will automatically write the CD-Key but it will still require the user to activate it.

How can I activate the software directly from the installation?

thanks a lot!

Hi Huntech,

PowerDVD 16 needs product key for product activation when the program launch.
The product activation does NOT support to enter the product key automatically/silently no matter it is during installation phase or after installation.

You are advised to enter the product key manually to activate PowerDVD.

Greetings,
Chuck
Huntech [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2016 13:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Alright Thanks for the answer Chuck!