Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How I can save an FX setup?
Fayfen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2017 02:30 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry that I bring this again, but I'm using the PD15 trail and I just can't find how to save an FX for later use or diffrent project

I'll try to be clearer.

Say I want part of a clip to go monochrom

So I place on the clip (or on the fx track) the black & white filter (from the style tag)

I go to keyframes

on the clip head: I set degree 0 , set the mask size and positon ,select circle, set gradient 0

on the clip tail: I set degree 200 , set the end mask size and position, set gradient 200

You with me so far? Fine,

Now how do I save this B/W filter setup (or any other FX) to be used on difrent project?

Thank you.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 28. 2017 11:26

7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry that I bring this again, but I'm using the PD15 trail and I just can't find how to save an FX for later use or diffrent project

I'll try to be clearer.

Say I want part of a clip to go monochrom

So I place on the clip (or on the fx track) the black & white filter (from the style tag)

I go to keyframes

on the clip head: I set degree 0 , set the mask size and positon ,select circle, set gradient 0

on the clip tail: I set degree 200 , set the end mask size and position, set gradient 200

You with me so far? Fine,

Now how do I save this B/W filter setup (or any other FX) to be used on difrent project?

Thank you.

I think you'll find that you cant save effects in a video file, but you could if you were doing the same with still pictures by using "save as" in PIP designer Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Realy???

B/W got only few parameters, but magnifier and lens flare or NewBlue got dozens options

So you saying that in 2017 , on PD15 one needs to set an FX from scrach every time he needs one?

Boy, it's a fundamental bug,

On my other NLE we can do this for years with one mouse click.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 28. 2017 12:05

PAN-X900M
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Realy???

B/W got only few parameters, but magnifier and lens flare or NewBlue got dozens options

So you saying that in 2017 , on PD15 one needs to set an FX from scrach every time he needs one?

Boy, it's a fundamental bug,

On my other NLE we can do this for years with one mouse click.

Put your effect in a clip, go to "modify" and try "save as" Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
I need a hand here, where is "modify" ? I don't see it . 7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote I need a hand here, where is "modify" ? I don't see it .

Sorry, in PD15 it's Designer - PIP Designer Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well Well Well, as a newbie to PD I'm happy to give you all a feature you never explored

As I serch for this "modify" I found a partial solution to my query

When you on keframes menu right click on effect and save.

It's only partial solution as it saves the setup at nonminal duration , so if recalled to a diffrent clip duration the FX will be dffrent...

Strange that this was unknown to so many.
[Thumb - FX save.jpg]
 Filename
FX save.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
save FX
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
37 time(s)
PAN-X900M
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Quote Well Well Well, as a newbie to PD I'm happy to give you all a feature you never explored

It's only partial solution as it saves the setup at nonminal duration , so if recalled to a diffrent clip duration the FX will be dffrent...

I'm sure that more people than you think know about saving a preset, but did you know that you can copy your effect from one clip to another by right clicking on it and selecting copy keyframe attributes and then clicking on the next clip, right clicking and selecting paste keyframe attributes. I'm sure lots of people know that too Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fayfen -

Quote: Strange that this was unknown to so many

I don't mind admitting that I'm one of the "so many" who didn't know that.

Re: duration - after applying the effect from a preset (or copy/paste), just adjust keyframes to match the clip.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Well Well Well, as a newbie to PD I'm happy to give you all a feature you never explored

I'm sure that more people than you think know about saving a preset, but did you know that you can copy your effect from one clip to another by right clicking on it and selecting copy keyframe attributes and then clicking on the next clip, right clicking and selecting paste keyframe attributes. I'm sure lots of people know that too

This action is useless in my view as it copy the full set of attributes not just FX but positon, color and so on and one can't choose just what needed to be pasted, and it's good just for the curent project. 7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M