Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Placing Greek Symbols into Titles
Paul Bunion [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2009 19:17 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I used the Windows built in utility called Character Map to locate a font that is installed in my computer that has the Greek character for alpha. It looks similar to a letter a but not exactly the same. Normally when I copy something from Character Map and then paste it, it retains the shape that I copied. But when I paste it into a title using Power Director 15, it turns into a generic letter a.

Any ideas how to get an alpha into the title box?
Fayfen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2017 02:30 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
What font did you choose?

If you select Symbol you can have a nice alpha 7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Paul -

Fayfen's advice is correct. The font you use makes all the difference. Some don't fully support Greek symbols. The two attached fonts are excellent for your purposes - Cardo & New Athena Unicode. Others, like Symbol, work well too.

Here's that Greek alphabet title as a template on DZ.

Another option, aside from using Character Map, is using special Alt codes like these.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
cardo104.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2816 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
182 time(s)
 Filename
NAU5_004.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1451 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
205 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!