Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blurry photos after producing on Slideshow Creator
MickeyAnn [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: May 30, 2017 13:36 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I produced TWO slideshows using the Slideshow Creator and then, when I view these on my TV, an LG model, purchased last year, both of the shows have ALL very blurry pictures.

On this same stick, I have 2 other slideshows that I made using the Full Feature Editor and they are playing perfecly fine and none of these photos are blurry. Why would these be crisp and clear and the photos in the Slideshow Creator are all blurry?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! I've looked on the forums and in the User's guide and cannot find an answer.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MickeyAnn -

There's seriously no reason that should happen if your selecting the same output profile.

Whether you start in Slideshow Creator or go to Slideshow from the full feature editor, you're using the same slideshow "engine".

The only reason it might occur is if you chose a high quality output (say M2TS) in one and a lower quality output for the other (say WMV).

Here's a little test I did. I used the same 10 images, all 20+MP in a Motion Slideshow - first in Slideshow Creator - then in the full feature editor. For comparison I used the same 10 images to manually construct a slideshow using Magic Motion. Each one was produced to AVC H.264 MP4 1920x1080 @ 16Mbps.

In this zip file there are 3 slideshows, numbered 1, 2 & 3. See if you can tell which is which. I deliberately chose images that would make any blurriness issues very obvious.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MickeyAnn [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ohio Joined: May 30, 2017 13:36 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you SO MUCH, Tony. I assumed that the output information was all, automatically defaulted to what is shown on the produce page. In other words, the program is smarter than I am and so I thought " it " would choose the best settings for my slideshows.

Your examples, were produced at AVCH.264 MP4 1920 x 1080 @ 16 Mbps. So, I checked mine and the slideshows that were blurry did not have the 1920 x 1080 but a lower number.

My slideshows that were not blurry matched your settings.

So, that is why mine are blurry, and I'll go back and produce the 2 slideshows again, and they should be clear and crisp.

Thanks again, I sure appreciate your help. This is my first attempt using my Power Director 15. I'm making 5 shows and putting them all on one stick, for my niece's frst year on the planet. The first show is over 900 photos and 28 songs, and the other shows are only about 30 or so photos apiece. This is an amazing program, but it sure has some stumbling blocks. Thank goodness for all of you guys and gals that are here to help. I always search the forum first, before asking a question. There is so much information here, on this forum, it's just wonderful. Take care.