Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you save transition setings?
Fayfen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2017 02:30 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
It's me again, still with the PD15 trail,

Can you halp me understand how do you save a transition once modified?

Say you placed the Airplane transition (from 2D) on the timeline between clips,

went to modify and set RED for the plane and BLUE for the ship, OK?

fine,

Now how the hell do you save that to be used again?

*** more than a decade ago I could do so in XP's movie maker, surly it can be done in PD in 2017

thank you,

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 30. 2017 07:46

7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
~250 views...

So I understand that either the experts are on vecation

Or the friends here don't care how to save a transition (or saving an FX properly). 7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ~250 views...

So I understand that either the experts are on vecation

Or the friends here don't care how to save a transition (or saving an FX properly).

This works in PD13 PD15 may differ

To my knowledge you can only create and modify alpha transitions. The aeroplane is not one of those that can be modified. To see which ones can be changed go to the transition room and where it says "all content" click and select alpha. If you click on one of them and select the page icon with a pencil on it, the transition designer will open. Make your changes and save it there.

You can also create a new alpha transition: In the transition room select the page icon with a plus sign. browse for the picture you want to turn into a transition, modify as required and save as above

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 01. 2017 11:34

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
"So I understand that either the experts are on vecation

Or the friends here don't care how to save a transition (or saving an FX properly)."

Please remember that members voluntarily give their time and expertise to help other members. No member has an obligation to answer any post or to dedicate their time to any particular topic.

If members wish to, or can offer assistance, then I'm sure they will do so in their own time.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fayfen -

It's true that in older versions of Movie Maker transitions could be customised. It's not true of current versions.

In PDR, you cannot save transition settings. As Robert suggested, you can create your own alpha transitions... and they will stay as you made them and are also able to be further customised.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Shadowman and Tony
The ability to save alpha transition doesn't help at all if one needs/wants other transition.

PowerDirector Moderator,
From the dozens of forums that I attend from time to time, this one is the only one that refers to experts on it's top header. Before I do buy PD, I wanted to learn who are the forum members, how eager they are in exploring the software and master it, should I need help.

ynotfish,
You are correct, saving trans or FX's could be done in the older WMM and not since win7, So you think it was a good decision by MS to drop that feture?

I want the software to work for me and not me for it. why should I do extra clicks over and over again.
Saving/retrieving stuff is not "novelty" but a part of the workflow.

While I find in PD15 many strengths (Like handling masks) there are few annoyances I can't except for now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2017 12:51

7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
"PowerDirector Moderator,
From the dozens of forums that I attend from time to time, this one is the only one that refers to experts on it's top header. Before I do buy PD, I wanted to learn who are the forum members, how eager they are in exploring the software and master it, should I need help."

A good policy, but members, be they expert or newcomers, can choose to answer, help or advise. If they choose not to, for whatever reason, so be it. I merely wished to draw your attention to that, in case you had an expectation that your post must be answered.

Cheers

PowerDirector moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do