Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cant find installed Helvetica Neue Thin font?
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PD lovers!

I stucked with hopefully easy problem, maybe you can help me?

I installed some Helvetica Neue fonts: Thin, Light etc, but when I later open my PD (or Word doc), I dont see all installed fonts.

Control panel> Fonts I see some of them, like Bold and Light, but not Thin. In PD I see only Helvetica Neue 2x (but as one is bold, probably this one is Bold font). thats all!

When I do a new installation, Windows says me, The Helvetica Neue Thin font is already installed, do you want to replice it?

I did restart, nothing happened.

I googled to find solution, nothing too.

Maybe font's headline is so long, that PD font box doesnt show the full name? it can be, but I have installed 3 fonts, Bold, Light and Thin. Where is the 3rd one? and I dont see the 3rd one in font folder too, even when program says me, it should be there

Do I do something wrong?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2017 08:39

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
hey, what's up doc?

PD uses the fonts that are installed in the directory of C:\Windows\Fonts

just copy and paste works, too.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andres -

You're not the first person to have issues with Helvetica Neue! There are dozens of forums littered with users having problems... just google "Helvetica Neue issues"...

Here, I get the same as you in PDR & Word. I think it's something to do with the way the font family is formatted. I don't know if yours is a free font or paid for. Mine was a freebie.

There's a free alternative you may be interested in... and it won't give you the same grief. First up, look how similar Helvetica is to Arial. The last two, below, are like Helvetica Neue Thin.

If you're interested you can get Source Sans Pro here. All the variants are shown separately in PDR & Word.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony,

this Source Sans pro is exactly what I was looking for! smile

Now its installed and I see it in PD too

Cheers, Andres

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2017 23:31

PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi