Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
surprised The forum posted my post twice for some reason.
Hi chickencoop -

Relax. There's probably nothing much to worry about.

First up - .PDS is the file extension for PowerDirector projects. .PDS is not a video format or codec, so NO - you don't have to convert anything.

If your camera records videos with .MP4 or .MOV file extensions, they should be fine in PDR15. What is your camera brand & model?

The video files you import into PDR - do they have an .MP4 or .MOV file extension? Do they playback in the preview window?

Cheers - Tony
Hi All vodi -

I've been running the 2218 beta patch since it was released & I'd never noticed any similar issues in my regular editing. Since you posted, I've been running a couple of dummy projects, both with 5-6 tracks in use, trying to replicate what you've found.

Aside from the long-standing issue of wave form not displaying, I haven't seen any of the issues you've noted. Doesn't mean they're not there - just haven't shown up here, yet.

One thing I noticed with the audio display... if it's "absent" & you slpit the clip, the wave form after the split will display instantly. Odd.

Cheers - Tony
Hi dijkx -

I wasn't there (obviously), but the original 360° videos/timelapse sequences could have been shot from a tripod with a rotation pan head like this or these

If that's the case, the pan motion is recorded in the video/timelapse rather than being edited in.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: I'm just starting up new and have chosen an express project for it.

Now I would like to change the length of the single pictures. I would like to have all pictures displayed longer.

After much trial and error, I ask here now. How can I extend the duration of the images so that everything stays that way? (Transitions stay in place, ...)

Using Express Projects, once you have your photos & videos inserted in the placeholders, you can edit it as a normal project. When you start changing durations, you'll notice that other things shift on the timeline. This will probably push some of the graphics & effects out of sync.

I'd suggest doing in in small segments and working you way through. For example:

Insert opening sequence
Insert photos & videos
Adjust durations to your preferences
Make sure all effects & graphics are in sync
Insert middle sequence... and continue through the project...

Cheers - Tony
Apologies for double post. Forum page responded badly when I pasted a German translation embarassed
Quote: <span id="result_box" class="" lang="en"><span class="">I'm just starting up new and have chosen an express project for it.</span>

<span class="">Now I would like to change the length of the single pictures.</span> <span class="">I would like to have all pictures displayed longer.</span>

<span class="">After much trial and error, I ask here now.</span> <span class="">How can I extend the duration of the images so that everything stays that way?</span> (Transitions stay in place, ...)
</span>

<span class="" lang="en">Using Express Projects, once you have your photos & videos inserted in the placeholders, you can edit it as a normal project. When you start changing durations, you'll notice that other things shift on the timeline. This will probably push some of the graphics & effects out of sync.</span>

<span class="" lang="en">I'd suggest doing in in small segments and working you way through. For example:</span>

1. <span class="" lang="en">Insert opening sequence</span>

2. <span class="" lang="en">Insert photos & videos</span>

3. <span class="" lang="en">Adjust durations to your preferences</span>

4. <span class="" lang="en">Make sure all effects & graphics are in sync</span>

5. <span class="" lang="en">Insert middle sequence... and continue through the project...</span>

<span class="" lang="en">Cheers - Tony</span>

<span class="" lang="en">Wenn Sie Ihre Fotos und Videos in Express-Projekte eingefügt haben, können Sie sie als normales Projekt bearbeiten. Wenn Sie beginnen, die Dauer zu ändern, werden Sie feststellen, dass sich andere Dinge auf der Timeline verschieben. Dadurch werden wahrscheinlich einige der Grafiken und Effekte nicht mehr synchronisiert.

Ich würde vorschlagen, in kleinen Segmenten zu arbeiten und dich durchzuarbeiten. Beispielsweise:

Öffnungssequenz einfügen
Fotos und Videos einfügen
Passen Sie die Dauer an Ihre Präferenzen an
Vergewissern Sie sich, dass alle Effekte und Grafiken synchron sind
Fügen Sie die mittlere Sequenz ein ... und fahren Sie mit dem Projekt fort ...</span>
Hi PK -

Ya got me! It sounds like part of the music to me, rather than a typing sound effect. That section of audio is attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi figures -

Firstly, using Slideshow Creator you're stuck with the timings set in the templates. Whatever duration you've set in the timeline is ignored completely. The only way round that is to:

1. Build the slideshow without music

2. Produce it to video format

3. Use speed change on the produced video then add music

4. Produce it again

There's more flexibility with Theme Designer, but it's still wrapped in a template. Some templates containing animations don't allow duration change. Others do. When you hover over an image you'll see a clock icon (or not).

Using the very basiic Reflection template, with 20 photos set at 10 seconds each (opening & closing photos couldn't be adjusted) the total duration is ~3:10... which is in the ballpark of 10sec per photo. Switch each photo's duration to 15sec & the total duration is ~4:40 (again, in the ballpark).

So - unfortunately the answer to your question is totally determined by which template you use.

Cheers - Tony
Hi gagada -

Once you select the images you want to use for the slideshow in the timeline, the Slideshow option will be visible.

Cheers - Tony
Hi PKPowerDirector -

That font looks like Banker Square Regular. It's not a freebie, but you may be happy to purchase it or find something similar.

There are plenty of square looking fonts like that, but not all have that small caps format.

Cheers - Tony
I've tested many dozens of clips from as many cameras, using the PDR import > CDR > Adjust > Back to PDR process.

The only clips (I've tested) that have shown up the issue are .MTS. Not all .mts - just some. Every .MP4, .MOV I checked displayed correctly without the green bar at the bottom... even if they're from the same camera as the .MTS files.

Examples of cameras found to show the issue: Sony A6000, Canon XA20, Panasonic GH3, Panasonic TM 700...

The other workaround (apart from using PDR15) is to pre-render clips as MP4.

Cheers - Tony
Hi somrozen -

I can replicate exactly what you're saying.

I started with some original sample clips (.MTS) from the A6000. After sending the to CDR for LUT or colour adjustment, they appeared with a green line at the bottom in Preview. N.B. If the same LUT is applied directly in PDR, there is no grren line.

And you're right - the same thing does NOT occur when using PDR15 & CDR6.

Next, I thought I could trick PDR by pre-rendering the clips using SVRT before using CDR6. No - the same thing happened... When I pre-produced to a similar profile but used H.264 MP4, there were no issues.

So - I checked using some .MTS clips from my Canon XA20. EEK! Same problem.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Squish7 -

I've rendered "8K" videos in various versions of PDR, including PDR14... for particular purposes, including curiosity. Like PepsiMan says, the Profile.ini has to be edited to create such a profile.

After I saw your question, I made 16K & 32K profiles to test... but PDR16 just sat and looked at me and refused to cooperate. I'm aware that some other NLEs can render 8K. If you find one that'll do 16K or 32K, let us know.

Since 8K is just emerging in cameras, monitors & TVs, I think it's a bit "rich" expecting a consumer level NLE to be ahead of the pack. I've seen only one 32K camera (not in real life) & it's not even up to the prototype stage.

Attached is the 8K profile that worked fine in PDR. All you need to do is copy the text in the .txt file & paste it at the end/start of your Profile.ini. For PDR14, you'll find that at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\14.0

Cheers - Tony
Hi markcma3 -

The tutorial link AlainII provided shows that - even without PP & AE - you can fairly closely replicate what Sam Kolder was doing.

One transition in PDR, "Cross" sort of does that... except that it zooms in then out. The Sam Kolder ones zoom in then continue to zoom in.

In PDR, the basic process would be similar. Split the first clip where you want the transition to start (say 10 frames before the end). To that split section you can apply crop zoom & speed it up if you want. At the start of the second clip (say from 00:00:00:00 to 00:00:00:10) zoom in & replicate the last zoom point at the end of the clip. Again, speed change could be added too.

What Sam Kolder was showing is a bit more complex than that, but PDR isn't PP or AE.

Cheers - Tony
Hi jamesd1981 -

This was discussed at some length here in the forum. Particularly take note of JL_JL's post, which summarises it nicely.

Cheers - Tony
Hi DanVM -

Yes - it does that here too. One of my cameras - Sony RX10 Mkiii - can record in XAVC-S & that's what I generally use.

XAVC-S uses AVC H.264 for video & LPCM for audio, in an MP4 wrapper... so when PDR chooses AVC H.264 MP4 it's very close. Video quality would be almost identical. It's the LPCM audio that's sacrificed, because it will be produced with AAC audio.

In answer to your question, I'd say there'd be no loss of video quality but a compromise in audio.

This page has some useful information, if you're interested.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bruce -

Nothing wrong with your installation. It's the same for all of us.

... but you can sign into DZ in Preferences or anywhere you see this:

Cheers - Tony
OK - I've got it now.

Maybe it depends what software/browser you're using... not sure what was running when you did your screen capture.

I just used Microsoft Word & tested a few different screen recorders to compare recording of pop-up menus. They all worked, including CL Screen Recorder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gmKBN7kTwU

Cheers - Tony
Hi Ellemieke -

This had me baffled at first, too, until other forum members set me straight.

In PDR16, you need to hold down the Ctrl key to set audio keyframes in the timeline. Screenshot from relevant help file attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Opa Werner 39 -

The German forum for PDR16 is here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/166.page

Google helped me with the translation...

I want to run a longer text over the screen so that you can read it in turn. That The beginning of the text should first run from the right into the image and then continue to run to the left so that you can follow the text to the end. So I just need a text movement - without squiggles and loops - from right to left.

Unfortunately, in the standard default, the text runs from the left into the picture (since we write from left to right, the end of the text first enters the picture and then moves slowly to the beginning of the text.

That's why I tried it with "user-defined motion." I put the text in the image so that the beginning was visible and set a keyframe for the intercept position of the image sequence, then put the play cursor on the end of the sequence If I play the title, it will not be moved at all Text displayed.

What - please - I did wrong ??????

Have you tried using the Scroll Left title template. It scrolls from right to left shown in the attached clip. "Links scrollen"???

Scroll Left looks like the text in the attached clip.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: