Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disappearing Motion Tracker
[Post New]
What happened to my Motion Tracker Tool? I am using PowerDirector 16.0.2101.0 Version Ultra. I havc a video clip on the timeline (....\Hearding Goats.MP4). When I click on Tools>Motion Tracker, I get the following screen that shows the clip file name at the top of the screen but blank images on the time line. It is nothing like the tutorials or in previous versions of PowerDirector.

Did I click something in User Preferences or something else? I have tried numerous things like highlightings just a section of the clip, checked the properties of the clip, checked the version to make sure it was included with the program, etc.

I am at a loss!
[Thumb - Hearding Goats.jpg]
 Filename
Hearding Goats.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Hearding Goats Clip
 Filesize
879 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)
[Thumb - Empty Motion Tracker.jpg]
 Filename
Empty Motion Tracker.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Hearding Goats Motion Tracker
 Filesize
273 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
24 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Skogman -

I'm at a loss too. I can't think of any reason the preview wouldn't be shown. It's fine here & I don't think it's been reported as an issue before. See screenshot, complete with goats.

Does the same thing happen with all clips? What about the sample clip "Kite Surfing"?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR16 Motion Tracker Screen.png]
 Filename
PDR16 Motion Tracker Screen.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
592 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 02. 2017 13:40

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
G'day to you too Tony

The same happens with all clips including the sample "Kite Surfing" (see attachment). Also I still have PD 12, 13, 14, & 15 on my computer and it is blank the same way.

If I re-install PD 16, will I loose all projects, templates, etc that I did?

Thanks for the help,

Gary in Oly (Skogman)

Quote G'day Skogman -

I'm at a loss too. I can't think of any reason the preview wouldn't be shown. It's fine here & I don't think it's been reported as an issue before. See screenshot, complete with goats.

Does the same thing happen with all clips? What about the sample clip "Kite Surfing"?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Kite Surfer Screen.jpg]
 Filename
Kite Surfer Screen.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Blank Screen for Kite Surfing
 Filesize
538 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
19 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again Gary -

Uninstalling/re-installing PDR16 won't trash your work (projects, templates etc) because it's stored in a completely different location... but it seems to be a more complex thing than that.

Your Motion Tracker preview is blank in the other versions of PDR too???

I hope someone technically inclined pops in soon!

Have you tried either updating, rolling back or re-installing your GPU drivers? (stabbing in the dark)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!