Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does PD 16 Render Faster Than PD 15 With Color Graded Footage?
OffTheMark [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 12, 2016 10:39 Messages: 114 Offline
[Post New]
How is the rendering speed of PD 16 compared to PD 15 when the footage is moderately colored / graded?

I gave up on PD 15 last year after about tow months because it was really slow when rendring footage that had been graded in ColorDirector (or that had color enhancements or fixes). Also, it was painfully slow if the footage was shot in 4K and I was exporting at 1080p/

Literally, a 3-minute video would take about 50 minutes to render with minnimal effects, but a couple of "fixes" or a couple of "enhancements".

Is PD 16 any better?

I guess I could download the trial version and try it out but my HD is pretty full right now.

Thanks in advance.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi OffTheMark -

Don't take this as "gospel" because there are quite a few variables at play. These tests were not conducted on a gun machine, but the same process was followed each time:

1. Import clip into PDR

2. Fix/Enhance > CDR > Apply LUT

3. Return to PDR for render (no HA)

""

N.B. The same clips, with the same LUT applied, rendered in CDR6 in 2:32 (UHD) & 1:23 (FHD) respectively.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!