Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Yes unfortunately

I have both an Nvidia gpu and an intel cpu/gpu with the latest drivers, and both seems to be working ok with HDR.
It could be something in your configuration that it does not like, even something like the anti-virus version.

Things to try are:
1- a different media e.g. an other mkv file with HDR or different UHD disk
2- same media if you are using mkv with HDR but a different player software: vlc or jriver to make sure that it is not the media.
3- same media but a different machine if you happen to have other one or a laptop.
Quote Until recently HDR Worked great in PowerDVD, but recently when i enable it in Win 11 and go to play HDR Enabled video file it stays stuck on the play screen, I can hear the audio but no picture displays, does the same when i use TrueTheatre HDR

Does it also crash if you enable HDR from display properties before starting PowerDVD ?
Quote Can i play 4k UHD movies directly through my blueray drive on a pc? My specs are:
msi z490 tomahawk motherboard with intel sgx support
32 gb ram 3866mhz
intel i9 10900k
asus gtx 1650 super GPU
pioneer BDR212UBK drive

I dont think that powerdvd can play UHD Blu-ray on an Nvidia GPU.
Quote Audio played fine on 20 but not on 21. Have converted on AVC an now working fine. I have no idea what a DXDiag file is i'm afraid!

you can download the mediainfo tool from: https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
that should tell you the media detail of the file that powerdvd did not like.

Both my intel gpu and nvidia are hdmi plugged into an LG CX48 Tv so HDCP should be ok.
And that configuration was working with my older motherboard Asus Z490 and older intel i9-10900K

I got a response from Cyberlink support that my configuration was not supported because I am running on the Windows Insider version (Beta). Before I downgrade back my machine to a Windows 10 official version, can somebody confirm that they are running with a one of the newer Intel CPU (Rocket Lake) and they can play BD disk.

Minh Tran-Le

I think it could be a sort of HDCP errors.

Is your PC plugged with multiple monitors simultaneously?
If it is the case, which desktop display mode you applied on Windows to play BDs (Extended, Duplicate, Single/second monitor only)?
The HDCP DRM won't let the playback start on multiple monitors concurrently if you applies "Duplicate" mode to play the video.

And, do you apply any GPU overclocking tools to tweak the GPU processing on Windows?

It might be great for increasing the graphic performance when playing games, but not an increase for playing videos especially DRM contents (e.g. BD or UHD BD.....). Video playback is not a performance-oriented task because the playback fps should keep a constant low level.

If the basic capacity of your GPU or CPU is relatively sufficient for the playback, turn off all additional overlocking and tweaking on the GPU side, and then try the playback again.

Or, you can contact cyberlink support for help.

Both my intel gpu and nvidia are hdmi plugged into an LG CX48 Tv so HDCP should be ok.
And that configuration was working with my older motherboard Asus Z490 and older intel i9-10900K
I have just gotten a new intel motherboard Asus Z590 with a intel cpu i9-11900k and a evga nvidia 2080 super.
And install all the latest drivers for both the nvidia and intel.

But when I try to play a BD (non-UHD) I am getting the error:
>>>
Playbak stopped because your graphics card driver is
incompatible. Make sure it meets the minum
requirements. You can find additional information on
Cyberlink FAQ web site (code = 0011)
<<<

I have also run the BD Advisor and it shows all green. does anybody know what the software is looking for ?

Thanks.
Quote Does anyone have any suggestions for playing 4K HDR movies on a non-4K HDR monitor using PowerDVD 20? I expected the image to be darker than usual when playing a 4K HDR movie, but there doesn't seem to be a way to brighten the image. The video controls are disabled on the Settings>Video Enhancements dialog and using the graphics adapter settings distorts the image while making it brighter. The odd thing is I can play the same movie on VLC Media Player and it has no problem playing the movie with normal brightness. It is not HDR but it looks equivalent to a non-HDR blu-ray image in quality and is very watchable.
Is there some setting on PowerDVD that I am not aware of that will allow me to adjust the image's brightness? I'm also puzzled why a free video player like VLC Media Player can play a 4K HDR movie so well while PowerDVD 20 cannot.
I'm running PowerDVD20 on Windows 10 V.2004. My processor is an Intel Core i5-8500 with integrated graphics adapter UHD 630, and I have set the Intel SGX setting 'ON' in the motherboard BIOS.
Just to reiterate, I have no problem playing a 4K HDR movie, I just have no way to brighten the image.

playing 4K on less than 4k (e.g. 1080p) works fine, I usually run the player in a window (non-full screen) and it looks good.
playing HDR in an SDR color mapping make the color look too pale for me.

playing UHD blu-ray disk does not works at all unless you have all the component working and talking to each other:

• intel cpu the newer one with gpu on board.

• a motherboard with hdmi that can do hdcp 2.0 at least or a display port with and hdmi adapter that does hdcp 2.0

• a monitor that does HDR with hdcp 2.0.

• a correct bios

• a correct intel video driver that support sgx

If you don't have all of it then you get only a blank screen and it is simpler to just by a standalong uhd blu-ray play and connect to your tv.
Let me preface it first that I know that Cyberlink does not officially support on the beta OS.
So I am just checking if other user that have similar configuration has the same problem.

I am trying to use PDVD17 on a BD movie (not-UHD) and I am getting a grey screen (no-picture) but the sound work when using it on my Nvidia graphic card (GTX 1080 Ti).

But everything work fine if I use:

• BD movie on I7 on board graphic.

• Mkv with Nvidia graphic.

Just check if it Micosoft that broke something, or Nvidia that broke something.

Using PDVD17 Ultra 17.0.2316.62
Quote Hi David,

The folder C:\users\%username%\Documents\CyberLink is where the video's bookmarks are saved.
It's per default stored under Documents and it is not adjustable.

Greetings
Hicham

shame

If you are running one of the later version of windows you can create a soft link using mklink:

cd C:\users\%username%\Documents\
ren Cyberlink Cyberlink.old
mklink /d Cyberlink "C:\new_location\new_cyberlink"

The mklink /d requires that you run in an admin shell.
Quote System:
Intel i7 6700k
Nvidia GTX 1080 (supports HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2)
Drive: LG WH14NS40 (supports UHD 4k blu ray discs)
Monitor: BenQ BL2711U (supports HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2)
-------------------------------

I bought this software (powerdvd 17 ultra) only to play a 4k blu ray movie on my system and it says error 01003 when I click on the 4k blu ray drive with the movie in it (and it recognizes it correctly) and also says I don't have the necessary GPU to play. Now how can one of the most expensive GPUs on the market not support 4k blu ray?

The nvidia gpu does not support sgx hdcp2.2 so you will not be able to play protected content from uhd 4k disk.
You have to use the onboard intel gpu through the onboard display-port (most of onboard hdmii are not hdmi2.0).
I have also found that I had to boot with the intel graphic as primary to make it work.
Quote That file a non-protected 4k-HDR and it work fine for me with the following configuration:

Nvidia 1080ti - use default color settings
Windows display - HDR on
Monitor LG 32UD99 (4k HDR monitor)
PowerDVD 17

If you do not turn Window display HDR on in advance you get sound and no picture. I think that PDVD cannot toggle HDR on/off on the Nvidia card like it can do on onboard graphic.

Are you sure you're getting HDR in PDVD?

Try playing that very same file in the "Movies & TV" app and compare the results.

"Movie & TV" app crashed on me when trying to play that mkv file. I am on insider preview build 17035 so they may have broken something.

And I forgot to say when the monitor is in HDR mode there is marker that flash briefly at the top right. But it looks the same between running on Nvidia or the Intel gpu, and about the same as same as my UHD BD movie disc when using the Intel gpu (those do not work with the Nvidia).
Quote HDR files in what format? What container? Be more specific or provide a link to a sample.

This is a nice example.

http://4kmedia.org/the-world-in-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/

That file is mind blowing when player properly.

From my PC I've only been able to play it properly in Windows 10's Movies & TV app, selecting YCbCr 422 12bpc in Nvidia's control panel, and keeping "HDR and Advanced Color" disabled in Windows.

Either that or straight from the TV's USB port.

That file a non-protected 4k-HDR and it work fine for me with the following configuration:

Nvidia 1080ti - use default color settings
Windows display - HDR on
Monitor LG 32UD99 (4k HDR monitor)
PowerDVD 17

If you do not turn Window display HDR on in advance you get sound and no picture. I think that PDVD cannot toggle HDR on/off on the Nvidia card like it can do on onboard graphic.

So playing non-protected HDR is not a problem. If you want to play on of UHD disc movies that is protected HDCP2.2 you need to use the onboard graphic with the correct cpu (kaby lake or later), a correct graphic out displayport 1.2 or hdmi2.0 and a monitor or tv that can do hdmi2.0.

They want the whole path to protected:

BD Player - cpu - gpu - graphic out chip - monitor

Otherwise the handshake fail and you do not get any picture.
Currently the monitor that I am using is the LG 32UD99 which is supposed to be able to do HDR4K.
I have already tried reinstalling the Intel Display driver both from the Intel site and the Asus Site but it did not work.

On your suggestion that it could be the HDMI port that cannot do HDR, I switched to using the Display and that worked.
So I have 1 configuration that work using the display port.

But at this point I don't know which piece could not handle HDR because it could be:

1- the HDMI port on the motheboard
2- the HDMI port on the monitor
3- some driver in between that does not work.

I have also a Nvidia 1080ti on that same box and the display port can do HDR but the HDMI cannot but the Nvidia cannot UHD HDR because it does not have SGX.

Thanks for your help.
Quote What is the name of your motherboard?

Try to reinstall Intel VGA driver.

The motherboard is the: ROG Maximus IX Code.

I will try to reinstall the VGA driver.
I have an Intel Kaby Lake (I7-7700K) cpu on an Asus Z270 motherboard, when I run the Cyberlink Ultra HD Advisor, I have almost everything pass except the last one:

HDR - High Dynamic Range (GPU/Display): Not Available

I am running Window10 preview, what am I missing ?

Thanks.
Any chance that once the fix is found it will back ported to PDVD15 ?

Because my PDVD15 seem to have the same problem with the Allegiant movie.
Ideally everybody want PowerDVD to be able to do what a Trinnov Altitude: http://www.trinnov.com/products/home-theater/altitude32/specs-altitude32/product-details
If you point PowerDVD to your toplevel directory in you case the one named 'LET_ME_IN_BD_BLUEBIRD' it should play with all the menu if you have all the required subdirectories. Sometime PowerDVD does not like it when it does not see some of the subdirectories.

So somebody last year posted this script to create the empty required subdirectories:

rem --------------
mkdir BDMV
mkdir CERTIFICATE
cd BDMV
mkdir AUXDATA
mkdir BACKUP
mkdir BDJO
mkdir CLIPINF
mkdir JAR
mkdir META
mkdir PLAYLIST
mkdir STREAM
cd BACKUP
mkdir BDJO
mkdir CLIPINF
mkdir JAR
mkdir PLAYLIST
pause
rem --------------
[quote=Bellon]For some reason my PowerDVD won't play the bluray disc for Spectre.

When will Cyberlink release an update?[/quote]

I have just tried my copy of the version UPC:883904346753 Target version and it is working fine.
Go to: