Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD17 Ultra has error 01003 when playing UHD 4k blu ray discs.
Caprica [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2017 12:17 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
System:
Intel i7 6700k
Nvidia GTX 1080 (supports HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2)
Drive: LG WH14NS40 (supports UHD 4k blu ray discs)
Monitor: BenQ BL2711U (supports HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2)
-------------------------------

I bought this software (powerdvd 17 ultra) only to play a 4k blu ray movie on my system and it says error 01003 when I click on the 4k blu ray drive with the movie in it (and it recognizes it correctly) and also says I don't have the necessary GPU to play. Now how can one of the most expensive GPUs on the market not support 4k blu ray?
angelmadrid20
Newbie Location: Madrid, Spain Joined: Dec 19, 2017 12:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe you should install the last drivers Me encanta navegar por internet!
Caprica [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have the latest drivers installed for it.
TranLe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 00:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote System:
Intel i7 6700k

I bought this software (powerdvd 17 ultra) only to play a 4k blu ray movie on my system and it says error 01003 when I click on the 4k blu ray drive with the movie in it (and it recognizes it correctly) and also says I don't have the necessary GPU to play. Now how can one of the most expensive GPUs on the market not support 4k blu ray?

The nvidia gpu does not support sgx hdcp2.2 so you will not be able to play protected content from uhd 4k disk.
You have to use the onboard intel gpu through the onboard display-port (most of onboard hdmii are not hdmi2.0).
I have also found that I had to boot with the intel graphic as primary to make it work.
baby shower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2017 03:56 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote System:
Intel i7 6700k

i have some experience like you and TranLe advice is works. try it first run 3 unblocked
hairstyles ideas
Caprica [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote System:
Intel i7 6700k

The nvidia gpu does not support sgx hdcp2.2 so you will not be able to play protected content from uhd 4k disk.
You have to use the onboard intel gpu through the onboard display-port (most of onboard hdmii are not hdmi2.0).
I have also found that I had to boot with the intel graphic as primary to make it work.

So according to a search "sgx hdcp 2.2" is only supported by the newest 7th generation intel processors?!

So I have to buy a new computer (or new motherboard and CPU) to watch movies that my 200$ xbox can watch with far cheaper hardware?
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
I do not understand why people keep asking the same question. Check PowerDVD UHD BD requirements before buying the software: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144 . In your case there are more problems. Wrong drive (not UHD BD certified), possibly wrong CPU (only some Skylake CPUs can handle SGX), wrong setup (exclude the GPU from the setup first), most probably wrong mobo as well (only a handful of Z170 mobos have SGX).
To answer the other part of your question, yes, this new technology basically requires a new computer. I re-build my PC this in March and I selected the new components with UHD BD playback in mind. Do not forget 10 years ago the situation was the same with the release od first BDs and BD drives.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2017 12:37

FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
Caprica [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I do not understand why people keep asking the same question. Check PowerDVD UHD BD requirements before buying the software: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144 . In your case there are more problems. Wrong drive (not UHD BD certified), possibly wrong CPU (only some Skylake CPUs can handle SGX), wrong setup (exclude the GPU from the setup first), most probably wrong mobo as well (only a handful of Z170 mobos have SGX).

Well first the requirements program won't work for me (crashes at 60% every time) and second, why in the world would they release software that advertises as the first software officially available to play UHD 4k discs and then have a TINY part in the fine print that basically says I have to buy a new computer (kaby lake 7the gen intel processor and motherboard) in order to use their software?? Is intel paying cyberlink for this shenanigin to buy their new CPU?

Why should I have to look up the requirements when it should work on my system if a dumb xbox one S with AMD chips in it can do it no problem?

Are they going to allow legacy hardware sometime soon or am I out of luck behind a huge paywall for the sake of DRM?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2017 12:43

triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
There is no other software to play UHD BDs yet. I am too lazy to find the older posts for you, check the forum (PowerDVD 17 section) for more info where is several times explained why this is not about Intel or CyberLink. Yes, you can return PowerDVD and get refund within some time since the purchase.
Caprica [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you. I will be looking into a return for this horrible example of DRM causing legit customers horrible problems.
ChrisJames [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2018 09:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
what about ripped discs mounted?

Theres a program, which you can use called DeUHD, its not cheap but you could rip discs (with quite a few non 4k BR drives). To do this, you bypass, remove the hilarious platform killing DRm nonsense....

These files will play perfectly fine using something like Kodi DS Player, or via USB on a 4K bluray player, without menus, chapters etc.... I have read they play back via PDVD ultra as well if you select the .mt2s file.