Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 20 & 21 cannot play BD on new intel motherboard
TranLe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 00:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have just gotten a new intel motherboard Asus Z590 with a intel cpu i9-11900k and a evga nvidia 2080 super.
And install all the latest drivers for both the nvidia and intel.

But when I try to play a BD (non-UHD) I am getting the error:
>>>
Playbak stopped because your graphics card driver is
incompatible. Make sure it meets the minum
requirements. You can find additional information on
Cyberlink FAQ web site (code = 0011)
<<<

I have also run the BD Advisor and it shows all green. does anybody know what the software is looking for ?

Thanks.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have just gotten a new intel motherboard Asus Z590 with a intel cpu i9-11900k and a evga nvidia 2080 super.
And install all the latest drivers for both the nvidia and intel.

But when I try to play a BD (non-UHD) I am getting the error:
>>>
Playbak stopped because your graphics card driver is
incompatible. Make sure it meets the minum
requirements. You can find additional information on
Cyberlink FAQ web site (code = 0011)
<<<

I have also run the BD Advisor and it shows all green. does anybody know what the software is looking for ?

Thanks.

I think it could be a sort of HDCP errors.

Is your PC plugged with multiple monitors simultaneously?
If it is the case, which desktop display mode you applied on Windows to play BDs (Extended, Duplicate, Single/second monitor only)?
The HDCP DRM won't let the playback start on multiple monitors concurrently if you applies "Duplicate" mode to play the video.

And, do you apply any GPU overclocking tools to tweak the GPU processing on Windows?

It might be great for increasing the graphic performance when playing games, but not an increase for playing videos especially DRM contents (e.g. BD or UHD BD.....). Video playback is not a performance-oriented task because the playback fps should keep a constant low level.

If the basic capacity of your GPU or CPU is relatively sufficient for the playback, turn off all additional overlocking and tweaking on the GPU side, and then try the playback again.

Or, you can contact cyberlink support for help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 29. 2021 04:22

TranLe [Avatar]
[Post New]

I think it could be a sort of HDCP errors.

Is your PC plugged with multiple monitors simultaneously?
If it is the case, which desktop display mode you applied on Windows to play BDs (Extended, Duplicate, Single/second monitor only)?
The HDCP DRM won't let the playback start on multiple monitors concurrently if you applies "Duplicate" mode to play the video.

And, do you apply any GPU overclocking tools to tweak the GPU processing on Windows?

It might be great for increasing the graphic performance when playing games, but not an increase for playing videos especially DRM contents (e.g. BD or UHD BD.....). Video playback is not a performance-oriented task because the playback fps should keep a constant low level.

If the basic capacity of your GPU or CPU is relatively sufficient for the playback, turn off all additional overlocking and tweaking on the GPU side, and then try the playback again.

Or, you can contact cyberlink support for help.

Both my intel gpu and nvidia are hdmi plugged into an LG CX48 Tv so HDCP should be ok.
And that configuration was working with my older motherboard Asus Z490 and older intel i9-10900K
TranLe [Avatar]
[Post New]

Both my intel gpu and nvidia are hdmi plugged into an LG CX48 Tv so HDCP should be ok.
And that configuration was working with my older motherboard Asus Z490 and older intel i9-10900K

I got a response from Cyberlink support that my configuration was not supported because I am running on the Windows Insider version (Beta). Before I downgrade back my machine to a Windows 10 official version, can somebody confirm that they are running with a one of the newer Intel CPU (Rocket Lake) and they can play BD disk.

Minh Tran-Le