Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HDR (GPU/Display): Not Available on Kaby Lake cpu ?
TranLe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 00:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have an Intel Kaby Lake (I7-7700K) cpu on an Asus Z270 motherboard, when I run the Cyberlink Ultra HD Advisor, I have almost everything pass except the last one:

HDR - High Dynamic Range (GPU/Display): Not Available

I am running Window10 preview, what am I missing ?

Thanks.
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
What is the name of your motherboard?

Try to reinstall Intel VGA driver. .
FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
TranLe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote What is the name of your motherboard?

Try to reinstall Intel VGA driver.

The motherboard is the: ROG Maximus IX Code.

I will try to reinstall the VGA driver.
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
You know, all this Ultra HD blu-ray thing is still somehow unclear, even if the BD drives are here for almost half a year now. There are the official requirements provided by both CyberLink and Pioneer. According to these rules, no motherboard should be UHD BD compatible unless it has an onboard HDMI 2.0 output (with HDCP 2.2) and it must also support Intel SGX technology. There are approx. 10 different Z270 and Z170 boards available with few more (Z370's) coming soon. You must also have either KabyLake or Skylake (later release) CPU with SGX enabled.

According to the specs here https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-CODE/specifications/ your motherboard does have HDMI 1.4 only, so it should not be compatible at all. But it passed the Advisor test anyway which is surprising. Does ASUS actually equip their motherboars with HDMI 1.4 output and HDCP 2.2?

The information here http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19860 supports the theory. CyberLink lists ASUS Prime Z270 A among compatible motherboards, even if it does not meet their own requirements, as it does not have HDMI 2.0. But if all this is true, then the note in the brackets applies to your mobo too I am afraid - 4k playback without HDR.

My computer does not pass the HDR test either, but it is because my monitor is 4k without HDR. I guess you are trying it with a HDR capable TV, right? .
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
TranLe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Currently the monitor that I am using is the LG 32UD99 which is supposed to be able to do HDR4K.
I have already tried reinstalling the Intel Display driver both from the Intel site and the Asus Site but it did not work.

On your suggestion that it could be the HDMI port that cannot do HDR, I switched to using the Display and that worked.
So I have 1 configuration that work using the display port.

But at this point I don't know which piece could not handle HDR because it could be:

1- the HDMI port on the motheboard
2- the HDMI port on the monitor
3- some driver in between that does not work.

I have also a Nvidia 1080ti on that same box and the display port can do HDR but the HDMI cannot but the Nvidia cannot UHD HDR because it does not have SGX.

Thanks for your help.
triffid
[Post New]
This super new LG monitor definitely has HDMI 2.0a inputs, thus I believe the HDMI 1.4 on the motherboard is the problem. .