Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Enabling HDR in Win 11 crashes application
STV2020 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2020 14:06 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Until recently HDR Worked great in PowerDVD, but recently when i enable it in Win 11 and go to play HDR Enabled video file it stays stuck on the play screen, I can hear the audio but no picture displays, does the same when i use TrueTheatre HDR
TranLe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 00:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Until recently HDR Worked great in PowerDVD, but recently when i enable it in Win 11 and go to play HDR Enabled video file it stays stuck on the play screen, I can hear the audio but no picture displays, does the same when i use TrueTheatre HDR

Does it also crash if you enable HDR from display properties before starting PowerDVD ?
STV2020 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Does it also crash if you enable HDR from display properties before starting PowerDVD ?

Yes unfortunately
TranLe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 00:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]

Yes unfortunately

I have both an Nvidia gpu and an intel cpu/gpu with the latest drivers, and both seems to be working ok with HDR.
It could be something in your configuration that it does not like, even something like the anti-virus version.

Things to try are:
1- a different media e.g. an other mkv file with HDR or different UHD disk
2- same media if you are using mkv with HDR but a different player software: vlc or jriver to make sure that it is not the media.
3- same media but a different machine if you happen to have other one or a laptop.
STV2020 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I have both an Nvidia gpu and an intel cpu/gpu with the latest drivers, and both seems to be working ok with HDR.
It could be something in your configuration that it does not like, even something like the anti-virus version.

Things to try are:
1- a different media e.g. an other mkv file with HDR or different UHD disk
2- same media if you are using mkv with HDR but a different player software: vlc or jriver to make sure that it is not the media.
3- same media but a different machine if you happen to have other one or a laptop.

Yes good suggedtions, files play absolutely fine in the Films and TV App with HDR so may just reinstall PDVD